FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX2000 and Lectro dual channel wireless receiver?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Coleman
HPX2000 and Lectro dual channel wireless receiver?
on Jul 2, 2008 at 8:19:25 pm

I see from Lectrosonics' website (http://www.lectrosonics.com/hybrid/sr/sr.htm) that my new camera doesn't support both channels from my new receiver. Until a December firmware upgrade, apparently. That would have been nice to hear from my dealer....Anybody have first-hand experience with this?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: HPX2000 and Lectro dual channel wireless receiver?
on Jul 2, 2008 at 8:32:34 pm

It works, you just have to run cable.

Return to posts index

David Coleman
on Jul 2, 2008 at 8:41:25 pm

Ok, mine hasn't shippped yet so I can't look and see, but my understanding is the 5p variant which you seem to describe is a somewhat different model with the TA5 jack on the top. Otherwise, where does the cable connect?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 2, 2008 at 8:47:45 pm

Nevermind, you need the 5p. Yes your dealer should have told you or at least swap it out.

Return to posts index

David Coleman
on Jul 2, 2008 at 8:52:54 pm

Yes, but the page shows two different models, the SR and the SR/5p variant. Do you have either of these receivers? If so, does the 5p come with it, or is it an accessory as it appears? Maybe it is included and I'm not reading it right.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 2, 2008 at 9:04:23 pm

It's a separate model. You will need the 5p version.

Return to posts index

David Coleman
on Jul 2, 2008 at 9:32:16 pm

thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

David Coleman
on Jul 11, 2008 at 8:46:53 pm

Update: I spoke with a news photog who uses both the 2000 camera and the aforementioned receiver. He informed me that the camera mixes the two channels it receives from the receiver. He reiterated that Panasonic has planned to release a fix for this in the December firmware upgrade.

DC

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 14, 2008 at 2:35:10 pm

So are you gong to stick with the one you have and HOPE that Panasonic releases the update on time?

Also, mixing channels, that's not good.

Return to posts index

David Coleman
on Jul 14, 2008 at 2:44:52 pm

I'm going to keep it in hopes that Panasonic delivers on the firmware update. The slot-in is the real attraction for me--not having an external receiver to get bumped around and cables to snag. I just wanted everyone else to know about this issue so they didn't have to find out like I did: after ordering.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 14, 2008 at 3:33:40 pm

Yeah, but if you get the other model, you can use the discreet output channels and then when the firmware update comes through, you can then use them internally. In the meantime, you won't be stuck with one mixed channel.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David Coleman
on Jul 18, 2008 at 5:49:06 pm

I heard back from my dealer. First of all, the receiver is made to operate in several different cameras, so to work in the Panasonic slot it needs a specific adapter plate, which comes with the one I bought. The 5p variant receiver (which is $125 more) doesn't come with the adapter, so it is also $125 extra. The TA5 to dual Male XLR cable from Lectrosonics is $75. If I order now I can expect it to ship in mid September.

So I can pay $325 on top of what I've already paid to have it in September, or pay nothing extra and hope Panasonic delivers on the firmware upgrade 3 months later.

I've decided to wait.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 19, 2008 at 8:11:28 pm

Wow. Thanks for the update.

Messy.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 29, 2008 at 5:58:14 pm

David, if you're still following this thread, the update has arrived!

https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/desk/e/index.htm

Return to posts index

David Coleman
on Jan 2, 2009 at 4:53:46 pm

Thanks to your post, Jeremy, I downloaded the update and installed it. I am happy to report that my wireless can receive two separate transmitters on different frequencies. Happy day! As a one-man-band, this is a big deal for me.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 2, 2009 at 7:47:51 pm

Sweet!

Happy day indeed.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

ARKADIY  UG
on Apr 16, 2009 at 1:38:20 am

Hello, I have Panasonic HPX2000 and Lectro SR 5P and I have some problems.
When it was connected to unislot the first time it was a heavy nose ( like a ground loop) on both channels.My friend from Pro Sound sad Lectro and Panas have a different in / out, one has symmetric another asymmetric and he fixed the scheme in Lectro.
Nose disappeared, but signal level from unislot is around 12db less then from signal from the top connector.

Di you have any similar problems or everything is fine on your camera??

best, Arkadiy

Camera Pro

Return to posts index

David Coleman
on Apr 16, 2009 at 1:12:26 pm

Everything works fine for me. There are a few settings in the camera menus that affect the wireless. For instance, there is one for one channel/ two channel. I can't recall for sure, but there may be an input level you can adjust. I know that if your frequency setting isn't spot on you can get some noisy audio and it will be low.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]