FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deleting unwanted P2 media in P2CMS

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Fay
Deleting unwanted P2 media in P2CMS
on Jun 16, 2008 at 7:11:20 am

Is this possible, I have a 1 hour clip of a bird nest and just want to remove the exciting 2 mins (in 2 locations on the clip) to free up some disk space. I see you can set in/ out points butbut do not know how to completely delete the unwanted sections.....hopefully its simple?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Deleting unwanted P2 media in P2CMS
on Jun 16, 2008 at 8:19:38 pm

Just make a new archive P2 MXF.- It can't delete unused portions from existing shots. My recommendation would be to create an uncompressed version in QuickTime as well if you're intending to truly wipe away your main archive- which normally I wouldn't recommend. In this case however, it sounds wise as you'll never want the remainder of the shot.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Tom Klein
Re: Deleting unwanted P2 media in P2CMS
on Jun 22, 2008 at 10:56:19 am

Hi Philip,
I would use Premier 3.1.1 and import from the P2 card the whole file into the timeline Mark your In and out pitnts then simply export a P2 MXF file, I have done this many times, it works a treat and is very fast. just export the section to another location/drive/P2 card, your choice.
Cheers
Tom K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]