FORUMS: list search recent posts

Offload to USB drive from AG HPG10

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Wilcox
Offload to USB drive from AG HPG10
on Jun 13, 2008 at 5:24:14 pm

Just picked up a bus powered USB drive (maxtor 160GB) to offload in the field from our AG HPG10. I have tried with another USB drive with no problem. For some reason the PG10 does not see the maxtor. The drive powers up but I cannot format or download a card to it. I can mount the drive on a mac without an issue. Is there something I am missing (like a GB limit to the drives you can use?)

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Huib J. Lirb
Re: Offload to USB drive from AG HPG10
on Jun 14, 2008 at 1:45:24 pm

I am quite eager to find out what the problem is. The HPG10 manual does suggest that some disks may not meet the necessary requirements (pp. 54-55). I understand that bus power is not the problem in your case and I also gather that you are aware that you can (and must) allow the HPG10 to format the Hard Disk (to Type S format). You have evidently used the HPG10 before. Did you try to just first have your Mac format the Hard Disk (using erase), assuming it does not contain anything you'd like to keep, for no particular reason, really, other than trying to clean the slate, and then hook it up again to the HPG10? This suggestion may well turn out to be useless, of course, but I would certainly give it a shot. Good luck.

Return to posts index

Jim Wilcox
Re: Offload to USB drive from AG HPG10
on Jun 14, 2008 at 9:19:54 pm

Huib,

Thanks for the response. Yes, I did reformat the disk on the mac when I couldn't see it from the G10. No luck. Since the G10 doesn't see the drive I can't format it from there. so, just out of luck with this drive I guess.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]