FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX high pitch beep

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Becquiot
HVX high pitch beep
on Jun 13, 2008 at 4:13:36 am

After hearing this on ours, I did some searching I found a couple of reports on this, but I was wondering if someone could confirm it.

It seems that on channel 2 (internal) there is faint high pitch sound every 1/2 second or so. You would probably need to be listening to room tone to catch right away, but once you know it's there, it becomes an obsession of course. This was from an MKE 2 plugged directly in input 2 and feeding both channels.

I should add that this was on a sound stage, I could hear it in my cans during recording, but it wasn't in the room.

Anyone ?

Vince

Return to posts index

Vincent Becquiot
Re: HVX high pitch beep
on Jun 13, 2008 at 5:09:10 am

Alright, after some more searching here and elsewhere, I found this: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/193/866583

and from DVX, it seems Barry was talking to Panasonic about it a while back. Hope someone comes up with a real solution. At least in my case now know to use channel 2 as the back up.

Vince

Return to posts index

Vincent Becquiot
on Jun 13, 2008 at 6:04:26 am

After looking at the audio spectrum, I found it there at 6.5 k. and on both channels :-(

I saw that it was happening on the HPX as well, yikes, I'd better pull the equipment out again. Someone said that it may be coming from the card, and that a new formatting could solve it...

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on Jun 13, 2008 at 12:00:36 pm

Hi,

Send an email to pbtscservice.com and describe your problem. They will email back with the service location for you to send it to. There is a fix for this and it is not related to the card at all. It is a warranty repair.

Best regards,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, HPX500, HVX200, DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Vincent Becquiot
on Jun 13, 2008 at 3:52:28 pm

Thanks Jan,

That's good news!

BTW, thanks also for the help on the broadcast monitor.

We ended up getting the LH1760 which is just fantastic.

Thanks again,

Vince

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]