FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blow out

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emilio Martinez
Blow out
on Jun 6, 2008 at 10:14:15 pm

I'm shooting with the HVX-200, and I notice that when my greens blows (like grass/trees) they burn yellow instead of white.

What causes this, and what can do I to adjust?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Blow out
on Jun 7, 2008 at 7:26:36 pm

Have you tried color correction in post- that's an easy fix. Also try not to blow out things like grass- pretty low on the spectrum. Sounds like extreme over exposure.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Emilio Martinez
Re: Blow out
on Jun 9, 2008 at 3:50:43 pm

Noah, thanks for the response. I'll have the problem even when the exposure for the rest of the shot is good -- that is, my foreground will be well exposed, but I'll have a window in the background with bright sun where it blows out white with yellow patches were there are trees, grassy hills, etc. No other colors blow-our, and I would prefer that it just all blew out white. I have used materials on windows before (like window tinting) to compress the range of light, but many times I'm shooting I can't cover the windows (for instance, in a car dealership showroom.)

I've used color-correction (including plug-ins like Captain's Blowout Fixer) and other little tricks to compensate, but I would prefer to get decent exposure to begin with. I do notice this problem is worse when I use a Scene setting like "CINE D." I did some tests the other day adjusting the color temp on that specific default scene setting, adjusting it more blue, and I noticed that helped the exposure problem. Is there a possibility there's something off with my white balance?

Also, why don't red objects blow out before grass and other green stuff?

Any further explanation or pointing me towards some resources would be greatly valued. It's possible that there is just basic user error going on here. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]