FORUMS: list search recent posts

dvcproHD to digi-beta?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
josh coyne
dvcproHD to digi-beta?
on Jun 6, 2008 at 3:14:16 am

hi there, I made a spec commercial in dvcproHD shot at 720p24. i was fortunate enough to have the spot picked up and now the agency wants it delivered in Digi-Beta or they said uncompressed quicktime if i cant do Digi-Beta. how do i get dvcPro footage converted to Digi-Beta??? or whats the best uncompressed quicktime format i should use?
thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: dvcproHD to digi-beta?
on Jun 6, 2008 at 5:02:34 am

[josh coyne] "how do i get dvcPro footage converted to Digi-Beta???"

You need an HD capture card. This isn't a "conversion," this is a video tape format. You need to buy a capture card, rent a digibeta deck and use the card to downconvert the footage and lay it onto digibeta tape. OR...find a post facility that has FCP, an HD capture card and can do this for you.

[josh coyne] "or whats the best uncompressed quicktime format i should use?"

Ask the station. "Can I give you an 8-bit uncompressed Quicktime from Final Cut Pro? And by uncompressed QUicktime, do you mean uncompressed HD, or Uncompressed SD?" I say 8-bit as DVCPRO HD is an 8-bit codec. Either way, you could use Compressor to convert your DVCPRO HD to uncompressed HD or SD.

Your biggest issue will be the frame rate conversion. 23.98 to 29.97. With a capture card, this is a breeze. But via Compressor, I'm not sure how it will handle this. You should run a few tests.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD now for sale!
http://www.LFHD.net
Read my blog!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 6, 2008 at 5:04:10 am

OH...and you also need to color correct the spot and make sure that everything falls within the legal limits of broadcast. And that you have bars and tone and the show starting at 1;00;00;00.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD now for sale!
http://www.LFHD.net
Read my blog!

Return to posts index

josh coyne
on Jun 6, 2008 at 4:31:29 pm

shane, thanks for all you help. I guess i need to get on the phone to a post house. And in the mean time, i'll start testing things in compressor.
josh-

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]