FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Archive for Client with Timecode

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Anderson
P2 Archive for Client with Timecode
on Jun 5, 2008 at 8:11:05 pm

Hello,

We just finished a 2-camera shoot using P2 media. We were going to just give a copy of all the original files on a hard drive but now the client wants us to organize the media and give them a DVD of selects with time code burn.

Since we will be creating and referencing to a new timeline, what would be the best way to give them the media so it will be referenced back to this new timeline.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: P2 Archive for Client with Timecode
on Jun 5, 2008 at 11:24:28 pm

Just for them to look at? String the selects on a timeline, add the TIMECODE READER filter...output to DVD.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD now for sale!
http://www.LFHD.net
Read my blog!

Return to posts index

Chris Anderson
on Jun 5, 2008 at 11:36:37 pm

Thanks Shane,

Actually I want to create new master media for the client to reference to from this point forward. This way if they bring it to another post house they would be able to provide this same media.

But I think what may be the easiest is to still to give them all the original P2 data for archival and also a window burn of just the good clips using the source timecode. This way they would only see a time code reference to what we selected but would also have access to everything. The time code burn would be non-sequential but at least would be accurite.

What do you think?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 5, 2008 at 11:44:23 pm

Sounds good to me...but you gotta ask them.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD now for sale!
http://www.LFHD.net
Read my blog!

Return to posts index

Chris Anderson
on Jun 6, 2008 at 12:02:32 am

well, there's no one really to ask yet. The client isn't the post house and is going to put it on a shelf for now. I just don't know who, how or when they are going to use it.

I hope we will end up editing it but they always have multi-uses for their video.

If it was tape, I would create a new sequence, lay all the good clips with slates in some kind of order and created a new master tape plus a windows media file with time code burn to reference this new master.

I thought about going to DVCPRO HD tape but I am embracing the non-tape route and just trying to figure out new methods for my madness.

Thanks again for the help, I always appreciate it from this forum.
-Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]