FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX500-Left Eye Guy

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Stephens
HPX500-Left Eye Guy
on Jun 4, 2008 at 2:26:02 pm

I received our HPX500 last week and the first thing I noticed (after how pretty the video is) is that the viewfinder does not shift to the left far enough to make it comfortable to use with my left eye...

(yes my disability is a fat head and I can't shut my left eye and use my right)

Has there been any second party or Panny manufactured solutions to this problem. I know I am not the only lefty out there..... It seems, just some remanufacturing of the metal that holds the viewfinder to the camera might solve the problem.. (longer piece of metal)

Any ideas or contacts /info will be helpful.... before I drag some metal bar stock into my basement for a long weekend of "I can make this"..

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: HPX500-Left Eye Guy
on Jun 4, 2008 at 5:19:41 pm

[Nate Stephens] "(yes my disability is a fat head and I can't shut my left eye and use my right)

Has there been any second party or Panny manufactured solutions to this problem."

http://www.costumes4less.com/groupdetail.asp?sku=pm778192&utm_source=Google...

Return to posts index

Nate Stephens
on Jun 4, 2008 at 5:43:21 pm

Jeremy,

And I thought that nobody had a sense of humor here in the cow pasture...

So are the scars on the guys face (is it your face) from stapling and tearing out the staples that hold the eye patch in place????

I have a much softer cloth eye patch, that I used to use with my Sony M7. My Sony DXL35wsl has enough movement in the viewfinder attachment that I did not need the patch. And it is very funky to wear. Clients and talent tend to look at you oddly..

I am confidant that I could grind a solution out of metal bar stock. I would just rather pay somebody 50 bucks for the solution then spend a weekend in the basement workroom

OR as you have suggested - staple a metal eye patch to my head.... but maybe I could sell advertising space on the patch,,, make more money.... ;-0

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 4, 2008 at 6:06:47 pm

[Nate Stephens] "So are the scars on the guys face (is it your face) from stapling and tearing out the staples that hold the eye patch in place???? "

No. They are from the other barbarians out in the field that are beating everyone up on price.

[Nate Stephens] "but maybe I could sell advertising space on the patch,,, make more money.... ;-0 "

That would help!

Return to posts index

Steven Ludlow
on Jun 5, 2008 at 5:31:32 am

As a fellow left eye guy...I feel your pain.

When we get our 500s in later this summer, I am going to have our machine shop guys take a look and see if they can manufacture me a solid solution. I'll keep this thread in mind if we come up with something...

Steven

Return to posts index

Nate Stephens
on Jun 7, 2008 at 3:43:41 pm

Steven, if you have dedicated machine shop guys, the fix should be simple..

There is a metal plate that the viewfinder slides onto. Just have your machine shop guys clone that plate but make it an inch-n-half longer to the left. I plan on making it out of flat aluminum stock.

If your machine shop guys can make it. I am sure they have better machines than my basement does. Should I wait and buy a copy off of you and your guys?

Return to posts index

Steven Ludlow
on Jun 8, 2008 at 1:51:25 am

I'll be happy to let you know. I work for Cessna Aircraft Company...so, yes...we have some great machine shop guys.

It'll probably be towards the end of summer before our new cameras are in, though. When they come in and I have my camera modified, I'll let you know.

Steven

Return to posts index

Nate Stephens
on Jun 8, 2008 at 2:59:18 am

"Cessna Aircraft Company...so, yes...we have some great machine shop guys. "

Yep your machine shop SMOKES my basement..... Talk about dream gear......

If your guys can make it out of high grade steel, then you would be able to thread a thumb screw on the far left side to tighten down and take the wobble out...

If I had your machine shop,,,, yep,,, I think I would build myself a spacecraft,,, a real one....

Return to posts index

chris li
on Jun 9, 2008 at 5:27:18 pm

This is what you need:

http://www.vfgadgets.com/PushOver-Br.htm

Return to posts index

Nate Stephens
on Jun 9, 2008 at 9:37:01 pm

Chris,

Nice find, thank you... I will have to get a second job to pay for it but..... :-)

It is a little more than my budget, but it is a lot more tech to...

It will make me think twice before I crawl into the basement workshop for a long weekend to try to save 200 bucks...

Thanks for the bookmark..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]