FORUMS: list search recent posts

Spanned media...problem

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john Paul tansey
Spanned media...problem
on May 28, 2008 at 4:26:22 am

I've just been working on a project where the imported clip displays an exclamation mark when the "Add Selection to Queue" option is selected. I think in the process of renaming the media folders (Clip 1, Clip 2 etc), a folder named "P2" was added to one of the contents folder. I removed this folder but it seems that in the process the clip is now somehow corrupted. There are no copies of the media only the original MFX folders.
Is there any way to repair this?? I've checked the FPC manual and it's not helping. Any suggestions most welcome...

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Spanned media...problem
on May 28, 2008 at 7:12:14 am

Do you still have the LastCLIP.txt file?

Make a folder, name it CONTENTS...put the footage in there.

If no Lastclip.txt file, then...

#38-P2 - Missing LASTCLIP.txt file. How to rebuild.

Shane's Stock Answer #38 - When you offloaded the P2 cards, you forgot to get the LASTCLIP.tct file? No worries, not all is lost.

MISSING LASTCLIP.TXT FILE:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=58755

If you neglected to copy the "lastclip.txt" file all is not lost. Much like the six million dollar man, we can rebuild him.

Lastclip.txt can be generated by any text editor. If you are using a mac then open up textedit.

Create a new txt file. It will have 3 lines to it.

The first line is the name of the last clip that was recorded.

Back to the finder. Open up your CONTENTS folder. In there, open up your VIDEO folder. Organize the folder by Date Last Modified. Find the name of the last file in this folder. If you have 16 clips in the folder is will be 0016ag.mxf or something like that. Four numbers and two letters followed by .mxf.

Take this name and place in the first line of your text file. On the next line of the text file type in "1.0" (don't include the quotes).

The third line is the number of clips in the folder +1. If you have 16 clips then the third line should read "17" (again no quotes).

I'm not 100% sure if the number on the third line is the number of clips left in the folder (after any on-set deletions) or if it is the total number of clips generated during this session with the card. Try both. Remember to add 1 to that number.

Your txt file should like something like this:

0016ab.mxf

That's it. You should be good to go. Put your CONTENTS folders in separate folders with separate LASTCLIP.txt folders and import them as separate P2 cards.

The annoying thing is that all of the various .mxf files in these 6 folders are locked items and they must all be unlocked manually to erase them.

It's much easier to import direct into FCP 5.0.4 or higher. It does so without leaving all of these locked files on your computer.

Credit for this solution goes to Randy Wedick.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD now for sale!
http://www.LFHD.net
Read my blog!

Return to posts index

john Paul tansey
Re: Spanned media...problem
on May 28, 2008 at 12:21:27 pm

thanks Shane. Great of you to share this. I'll let you know how I go.

trippfontaine

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]