FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help please - HVX200 settings for firewire out recording

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob O'Brien
Help please - HVX200 settings for firewire out recording
on May 20, 2008 at 6:28:07 pm

To record 720/60P from the HVX200 thru firewire into MacBook Pro... what are the settings? I cannot seem to get anything out from the firewire.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Bob

Return to posts index

Nate Stephens
Re: Help please - HVX200 settings for firewire out recording
on May 20, 2008 at 10:57:50 pm

Bob,

I have never had any trouble with 1080..... never tried 720..

Search the forum here or at DVXuser.com, there is a post addressing your same issues.

Return to posts index

Jeremiah Hundley
on Aug 4, 2008 at 8:25:36 am

sorry,

... I have to put my two cents in. I am searching theses posts hoping for answers and not finding them. My HVX is practially brand new. Settings have been changed and it does not send ANYTHING over firewire now. I have went through the settings, and manual. Nothing. Checked the HVX with the firestore, doesn't work there either.

But that's not my complaint... on this post.

Above someone LIKE ME was searching for help and all he got was a reply from someone telling him, in short, I don't have that problem dummy... please guys IF you leave a comment, make sure it HELPS us!!!

Return to posts index

Bob O'Brien
on Aug 4, 2008 at 3:16:15 pm

Amen brother. I agree.

I do appreciate, though, anyone who takes the time to respond.

Despite the reply not being very helpful, it did at least tell me that the firewire SHOULD work since it's working for the other guy.

I hope you found the help you needed.

*DualG5, 2gHz, w/5.1.4 firmware
*2.5 Mb RAM, 160 Mb SATA HD
*UL4D w/1.4.0f1 flash and 3.0.0 driver *HMV800 DualMax RAID0 Revision 511
*AJA IO w/20-21 firmware & v1.1r1 driver
*OSX10.3.2, QT 6.5, FCP 4.1.1, Livetype 1.1.1, Soundtrack 1.1, DVD

Return to posts index

Jeremiah Hundley
on Aug 4, 2008 at 3:25:29 pm

No, never found my problem and just don't have time to sit around and sift through posts, I have film to shoot, so, I will make due with whatever I can rent, but damn, this camera has been nothing but babied. I'm sure it's a setting.

Return to posts index

Nate Stephens
on Aug 4, 2008 at 6:39:57 pm

Jeremiah,

You will have to forgive me if I don't come over and set up your camera for you.. But I have a bid to write and yes I am busy also. But I make it a point to read this forum and the DVxuser.com forum for advice and insight to the HVX200 and our HPX500. Neither camera is older than 6 months so we are quite new at it also.. But yes firewire works for me and yes I learned it on these forums. So I do suggest that you take the time to search this forum and Dvxuser. If I knew the menus by heart I would quote the set ups to you.... but today I am not feeling particularly that generous to go set up the camera and gear just to help a guy who is to lazy to search a topic that has been discussed and discussed. I will suggest that you double check your Firewire cable to make sure that it is good, because they do go bad and you might want to take the lens cap off...

Now back to my bid....

FCP, Mac Pro, Mac Book Pro, HPX500, HVX200, Betacam, Dvcam
Write for the Edit, Shoot for the Edit, Edit.....KISS Principle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]