FORUMS: list search recent posts

HELP!!! Need to match HPX500 to HVX200

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Madsen
HELP!!! Need to match HPX500 to HVX200
on May 15, 2008 at 7:19:01 pm

I have to match color, gamma, etc. pictures from a prior shoot on an HVX-200 camera. I have the HPX-500 and the original P2 card from the other shoot with the original footage still on it. Is there some data on the P2 card or a program that will extract the data of the shooting parameters-GAMA,MATRIX,pre-set settings etc. that I could use to match the HPX-500 to the HVX footage. Need this info soon.

Thanks JR

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HELP!!! Need to match HPX500 to HVX200
on May 15, 2008 at 7:34:16 pm

I'd just bring it up on a monitor and match by eye and waveform monitor- not sure the scene files are copiable like that between the two cameras. Also if you get it close enough in production, including the lighting, you can likely finesse in post with color grading.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Rennie Klymyk
on May 16, 2008 at 7:17:13 am

[Noah Kadner] "Also if you get it close enough in production, including the lighting"

I would think this will be the most difficult task unless it's interior and the lighting is still set. If there was make-up I hope the makeup artist remembers what they used.

You can display the HVX200 footage on a monitor on set and set the talent up to match a close up. With that shot paused and feeding input "A" of the monitor or scope set up the HPX500 on input "B". By quickly toggling back and forth you can tweek the HPX500 to get close on a good monitor or if using scopes most have dual display overlap. Just a viewing monitor should get you close enough to finish during color grading.

Shutter speed/angle, frame rate and format of coarse are other things to match.

"thou can not stir a flower without crumbling a star" ......Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
on May 15, 2008 at 8:39:38 pm

To my knowledge, no camera Scene File settings are recorded to clip metadata or indeed anywhere on the P2 Card. Scene Files are held in the camera's memory and can be saved onto the SD card (or created on a computer and transferred to the camera via SD card).

You might be able to contact the HVX-200 owner and have them save and email the Scene File to you, but if you have that level of access I suppose you could just have them read off the settings while you're on the phone.

Otherwise, yeah.. it's up to you and your eyeballs to match it visually.

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on May 16, 2008 at 12:53:47 am

Short of matching by eye, I would suggest a vectorsope match. This vastly mor accurate than an eyeball view.

Best,
Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, HPX500, HVX200, DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]