FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question of purchasing a Pansonic AG-HVX 200

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Land Jr.
Question of purchasing a Pansonic AG-HVX 200
on May 15, 2008 at 2:54:24 am

I am confused. I want to purchase the Panasonic AG-HVX 200. I checked out Shopcart.com which compared prices. I don't understand how some companies can be selling the camera for around $3000 but one of the world's largest camera suppliers B&H Video is selling it for $5000. A friend of mine told me that I should be very cautious of any company that can sell the camera for $2000 cheaper. The name of the company that I am thinking about purchasing it from is Lenses N More. They say that is brand new with a one year warranty. Any experiences with this Company? I appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Chuck

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Question of purchasing a Pansonic AG-HVX 200
on May 15, 2008 at 7:13:08 am

Read the forums- they are scam grey market dealers. You get a grey market camera- meaning no U.S. warranty coverage and/or you get a camera with no accessories or even they hold onto your 'camera' for six weeks while they charge your card immediately. There's no free lunch...

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on May 15, 2008 at 2:04:08 pm

[Noah Kadner] "...or even they hold onto your 'camera' for six weeks while they charge your card immediately."

...or they charge your card and you get the privilege of fighting with them for months until they finally refund your money. (The best way is to call your credit card company right away, explain the situation, and cancel the charge.)

Or you can get smarter still and avoid the whole thing by not doing business with them in the first place.

Remember, before you buy from someone you don't know: http://www.resellerratings.com is your friend.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on May 15, 2008 at 2:22:07 pm

I just looked them up at http://www.resellerratings.com at the following link....

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Lenses_N_More#reviews

Imagine that, they have 10 VERY DISSATISFIED ratings with warnings as to rip-off tactics.

From what some reviewers report, they are also One Way Photo, Express Cameras, and other aliases.

Remember: There is a sucker born every minute. Make sure it isn't you.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Chuck Land Jr.
on May 17, 2008 at 2:32:36 am

Thanks Noah, I ended up using B&H. I appreciate your time.

Chuck

Return to posts index

Brandon Lima
on May 15, 2008 at 7:53:25 am

Two Things... make sure you get it from a place with lots of happy costumers, I got mine on ebay for $3600. Also, get the HVX200A!

-Brandon

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on May 15, 2008 at 9:32:29 am

More than likely Brandon does not have a US warranty for $3600. You should expect to pay around what B & H is asking for a product that comes with a 16GB card and Barry Greens Book along with all of the standard accessoris and the US warranty.

I have tried to buy from some of these places and they have so many scams, one asked me if I wanted to have the lens included, and when I challenged them on the fact that the lens is part of the camera and cannot be taken off, they hung up on me. Another one did what Noah suggested, charged my credit card and then didn't ship the camera. Buy from a reputable source.

Hope this helps,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, HPX500, HVX200, DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Rennie Klymyk
on May 16, 2008 at 7:43:58 am

[Jan Crittenden Livingston] "More than likely Brandon does not have a US warranty for $3600"

Yeah, you can get a warranty with it. for just 499.99 for 3 year or 599.99 for 4 year but they don't kick in till your manufacturer's warrantee expires....(so don't lose that)??? huh!
They'll sell you a 16GB card for $900.00 and Barry's book for $99.00.

So where are we...
$3600.00 Cam
$499.00 Warranty (is it any good?... wait and see)
$900.00 16GB card
$99.00 Book
$5100.00 hey! same as B&H! or so close why bother.

"thou can not stir a flower without crumbling a star" ......Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Return to posts index

Chuck Land Jr.
on May 17, 2008 at 2:34:18 am

Thanks Brandon, I appreciate the comment!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]