FORUMS: list search recent posts

Invalid public atom not found QT error message in P2 log converted Files

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve teak
Invalid public atom not found QT error message in P2 log converted Files
on May 13, 2008 at 6:08:26 pm

HI Guys and girls :)

Right not sure if this is the right forum, I think a QT and codec issue... but a P2 and DVCproHD codec problem..

Getting and error message from QT 'an invalid public atom was found in the movie'

On my edit station quad g4 pwerpc I have been using P2 log pro to convert P2 mxf files to Quicktimes (DVCpro HD) and have been editing all my footage on this machine using FCP 5.1.5 and running QT7.1.6.
And have also been previously editing these footage on my intel Imac

Now I cant view or edit any of the Footage on the Imac. The only differences I know I have made were software updates, FCP updates and compressor and DVD studio pro, and may have done QT too ( maybe this was incorporated in to FCPs update?) as I am aware of the dreaded QT updates!
Also I have installed Perian which I have now disabled incase this was the issu but I dont think so. I have read on some other forums that QT 7.3 could not read Qts made from P2 log Pro using the pre QT7.3 engine .

So if this is the case, its a complete nightmare as I have to use my stock footage all the time for new jobs.

has anyone came across this before?

If i update the G5 quad then I might not be able to use any of my stock but new clips I convert with P2 log pro might be useable on G5 quad and Imac?!

Cheers
Steve

Return to posts index

Peter Matthes
Re: Invalid public atom not found QT error message in P2 log converted Files
on May 16, 2008 at 8:56:16 am

Hey Steve,

Yes ... I have ... AARGH#@$%^!.

You need to go to the web site of the makers of P2log pro.

http://www.imagineproducts.com/dlupdates.htm

They have a utility that corrects those invalid files. It is called "repair tool" demo and it can be found at the bottom of the page that I have given you a link to. You can download the free trial or "demo" version, which will allow you to fix files one by one ... or a full version which will fix whole folders of these invalid QT files.

The problem is that you used QT 7.2.x or earlier along with P2 Log pro when you unwrapped the raw P2 data. QT 7.3 and later versions will now not play those QT files.

I think Imagine Products should provide the utility fix for free, but if you have time, you can repair the files one by one with the trial version.

Hope this helps you out Steve.

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]