FORUMS: list search recent posts

blurred image at 24p

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Moore
blurred image at 24p
on May 12, 2008 at 8:05:15 pm

Hi

I just shot some snowboarding this week with the p2 set at 1080i and at 24p. When I view the clips in FCP 6, they are blurred, at times with entire lines of the moving image cut out. However, when I watch the captured clips in Quicktime, they seem much better. Are my settings just wrong? If so, what should I be working with?

Many thanks!
Chris

Return to posts index

Chris Moore
Re: blurred image at 24p
on May 12, 2008 at 9:43:29 pm

Some I've spoken to believe that I needed to "remove advanced pulldown" because I'm not in 24pA. I am sure I shot standard 24p, but:
1) when i "log and transfer' in FCP 6, under preferences I have selected a preset saying "remove advance pulldown and duplicate frames"

also:
2) when I try and apply "tools" + "Remove advanced pulldown..." it says that "this .mov clip does not contain DVCPRO, DVCPRO HD, or DVCPRO-50 NTSC Video"

isn't that wierd? I am absolutely sure I shot in 1080i 24p

What else could explain the poor playback that I am getting? Under my "capture scratch" folder, the files play much better than they do in FCP 6

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
Re: blurred image at 24p
on May 13, 2008 at 5:00:48 am

If you didn't shoot 24pA then you do NOT want to have Remove Pulldown enabled. In fact, I'd double-check to see if you somehow had that box checked when you ingested the original footage.

Also, how are you monitoring the footage? If you're using an external monitor then make sure you've got the right output settings for your video card. If you shot 24p (and not pA or pN) then you probably need the output set to 1080i60, as the 24p look is actually recorded over a 60i signal.

-Adam

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]