COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Wang
Help! Can't get Slow-mo to work.
on May 8, 2008 at 5:31:56 pm

How? P2 720/60p convert to 23.98 slow mo
by George Wang on May 6, 2008 at 9:57:16 am

New to the P2 world here, need help!

I have footage from HVX200 P2 that was shot in 720/60p, intended for overcrank slow-motion. After "log and transfer" into the browser with FCP 6.03, the footage became 23.98fps but no slow-mo.

I experimented with setting up a new DVCProHD project at 720/60p, hoping at least I'll ingest all frames, the footage is still ingested as 23.98fps.

Tried to use the DVCProHD frame converter, but it would not work because "the clip is not 59.94fps".

I'm pretty sure it was shot as 59.94fps, why would FCP ingest it as 23.98 no matter what?

What is there to do to restore all the frames captured in this clip and have them playback properly in slow motion?

Thanks!!

George

Return to posts index

Brandon Lima
Re: Help! Can't get Slow-mo to work.
on May 8, 2008 at 9:54:52 pm

You have to shoot in the 720/pn mode. Read the manual it talks about it in there...

-Brandon

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
Re: Help! Can't get Slow-mo to work.
on May 9, 2008 at 8:39:16 pm

Shooting in 720pn mode and adjusting the frame rate is the way to do it in-camera, but you can also shoot 720p60 and slow the footage down with the DVCPRO Frame Rate Converter.

Have you watched this tutorial?

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/ross_shane/dvpro_hd.php

"In this Final Cut Pro video tutorial, Creative Cow Leader Shane Ross discusses taking 60p footage shot with DVCPRO HD and slowing it down to 23.98 so that it's slow motion. Please note that this only works if you are working in a 23.98 or 29.97 timeline."

Also - you might check to see if you have anything like "Removed Advanced Pulldown" checked when you ingest, it would explain why your 60p footage is landing in FCP as 24p.

-Adam

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]