FORUMS: list search recent posts

Empty p2 Contents on Mac - Duel Adapter not mounting

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Jonathan Fowler
Empty p2 Contents on Mac - Duel Adapter not mounting
on May 6, 2008 at 10:26:23 pm

Ok - I'm having some troubles offloading p2 stuff to my mac. Any help here appreciated. Here's the facts

My normal workflow is to offload the contents of my cards (16GB) onto my MacBook Pro via the Duel Adapter. The adapter has been finicky at times in the past, sometimes having to restart before volume is recognized.

Anyway, recently I offloaded a full card to both my laptop and an external HD. it looked as usual - took about 10 minutes to dump - the status bar was there, no error message. Later as I was going to ingest into FCP the contents of the folder was empty. Luckily I hadn't formatted my card.

I tried again - no problem getting the folder onto my laptop. Then I transferred the folder to an external and it showed an empty folder?!!?

Now I cannot get the Duel Adapter to even mount. So, I've tried to go straight from my HVX through firewire. Sometimes the volume mounts, other times I have to restart. When it does mount, though, the volume looks empty, even though it's full of clips and things are viewable in the camera.

Please help. I downloaded the most recent p2 driver - no change. As an FYI, this happens with other cards and other cameras.

Any clues??

Posts Index 

Current Message Thread:
  • Empty p2 Contents on Mac - Duel Adapter not mounting by Jonathan Fowler on May 6, 2008 at 10:26:23 pm

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]