FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam and P2

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Schalk van der Merwe
Multicam and P2
on Apr 23, 2008 at 10:01:41 am

I think we need new tools for new toys.
Using P2 and DVCPRO HD, how on earth am I suppose to multicam edit with Final Cut Pro.
There is no way of shooting 3 hours continues on these cards.
Ending up with loads of clips shot in time of day, from 4 angles, is there no way of telling FCP to calculate the gaps and drop it all into a sequence which I can use for multicam editing?
Might be a great plugin someone can create patent and sell to Panasonic and FCP.

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Re: Multicam and P2
on Apr 23, 2008 at 11:49:10 am

This is most certainly a case for the use of metadata and using Raylight as the import tool. With the metadata you would be able to name the clips and organize the clips by name and they would be incrementaly numbered from the first shot to the last. Raylight, from DVFilm.com, supports the metadata into the bin so you can see the user clip name.

Much easier than trying to sort it out by time code. And in that same metadata you will have record of which camera shot what.

Hope this helps,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, HPX500, HVX200, DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Brandon Lima
Re: Multicam and P2
on Apr 24, 2008 at 9:03:18 am

Do you know of a good tutorial about how to use meta data for the HV200, I have tried to figure it out but always end up failing. No projects have come up where I need it, hinting the reason for not learning it, but I would like to learn it before I need it.

Any help?

-Brandon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]