FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX-200 Transfer from camera to FCP

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Yeo
HVX-200 Transfer from camera to FCP
on Apr 20, 2008 at 10:02:10 pm

Hi all,

I've got a quick question. I just got my first ever camera - the HVX-200E. I took some test shots to see what the capabilities of the camera were.

However we were taught in film school that we could simply import the footage from the hvx-200 to our hard drives and then from our hard drives direct to final cut pro. I'm using the latest version of FCP - 6.02 i think. I'm also using a 16gig p2 card.

I tried a few methods.

1) Copying the data direct to an external hard drive using the 1394 function. The data copied nicely but I could not import it with FCP somehow. It read unknown file type and gave me an error message.

2) I could not find the copy direct from camera to FCP function using the view footage menu.

3) FCP does not seem to detect the card in the camera as it should and open up with import -> panasonic P2 but it doesn't on my FCP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: HVX-200 Transfer from camera to FCP
on Apr 21, 2008 at 12:00:38 am

File > Log & Transfer

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Tom Klein
on Apr 21, 2008 at 6:38:01 am

Hi Chris,
make sure you have installed the P2 card driver software onto your computer as well-
https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/desk/e/index.htm
otherwise the camera will not be seen by the computer.
Cheers
Tom K

Return to posts index

Chris Yeo
on Apr 21, 2008 at 5:21:17 pm

I'm using a macbook pro laptop and according to the list, it says I don't need a driver for it.

However, it says I should get a driver via SD card so the camera can recognize the 16gig P2 card I am using. The funny thing is that I just dropped the card in, formatted it, and did some test shots. I can see these test shots just fine using the viewer in the camera which leaves me wondering whether I should go ahead and update the software version using the sd card or not.

Return to posts index

Tom Klein
on Apr 21, 2008 at 11:37:42 pm

Hi Chris
the advice your getting here is correct, may I suggest you read your camera instructions and Go thru the Help file for FCP re ingest P2.
Cheers
Tom K

Return to posts index

Chris Yeo
on Apr 27, 2008 at 12:40:55 am

Hi, log and transfer worked. Maybe it's an improvement in FCP 6 over FCP 5 - which I learnt on. Cheers for the help nonetheless.

Return to posts index

Brandon Lima
on Apr 21, 2008 at 7:43:54 am

You need to set the HVX200 on the right settings to see the cards as an external disk.

Also you need to copy the entire "content" folder from the P2 card otherwise FCP will not be happy. Also you need to go to log and transfer, then "add custom path" then select the folder where you copied the entire P2 card.

I am copy P2 card right now, it works great.

-Brandon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]