FORUMS: list search recent posts

Headphone Volume

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Prigge
Headphone Volume
on Apr 14, 2008 at 3:36:10 pm

I am having trouble getting a decent level from my headphone jack. I have the PAGE/AUD MON/VAR turned up all the way. I have tried four different sets of headphones. One set of headphones sounds better than the others, but the volume is still low. Is there another setting that will jack up the volume?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Rennie Klymyk
Re: Headphone Volume
on Apr 14, 2008 at 9:23:30 pm

Are you recording from the built in mic or other? Is this during play back or what?

I'm thinking the line/mic switch on the front by the xlr jacks on the front face of the cam.

"everything is broken" ......Bob Dylan

Return to posts index

Tom Prigge
on Apr 14, 2008 at 9:37:46 pm

I'm using an external mic. I plug into input 2 and set it to record onto both channels. The switch is flipped to mic, not line.

Return to posts index

Rennie Klymyk
on Apr 14, 2008 at 10:15:38 pm

You have to be in REC or REC/PAUSE mode for the audio mon/var control to work and bump the audio monitor level.

Are you getting proper recording levels as per meters or recorded sound?

"everything is broken" ......Bob Dylan

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
on Apr 15, 2008 at 3:45:20 pm

That's one of the reasons I bought a MixPre from Sound Devices. Great mic preamplifier and hot headphone driver. I could not get enough headphone level straight out of the HVX200.

Final Cut Studio 2, FCP 6.0.2, Mac OS-X 10.4.11, Quicktime 7.4, After Effects 6.5 Pro, G5 Quad 2.5, Kona-LHe V5.1, 4.5GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 7800-GT 256MB, G-RAID 2x1TB FW800, 6TB RAID-5 (Enhance E8-ML, Highpoint 2322), Panasonic HVX-200P P2.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]