FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing P2 720p feature on Premiere CS3

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Griffin
Editing P2 720p feature on Premiere CS3
on Apr 12, 2008 at 8:36:01 pm

Hey folks,
I posted this on the Premiere forum and didn't get much help. Can I get a few thoughts from you P2 geniuses?

I am editing a feature film shot on the Panasonic HV200E PAL camera. I'm editing on an XP 32-bit system that has a Blackmagic Intensity Card and a monitor with a HDMI-in (currently a large, pretty, object-d-art until I figure out how to get the card to work)

The P2 viewer lists this media as:
DV100_720/50p
Pulldown 2:2
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Audio Sampling: 48k/16bit

What kind of project settings do you seasoned pros suggest for me to work on this sequence? I have 140 cards to bring online soon.

When I create a P2 DVCPRO HD 720p/50fps default project I have to render all playback (material plays back beautifully in Source monitor for non-Blackmagic formats: blackmagic options does this strange purple "golden mean" spiral pattern)

When I create custom 25fps version everything seems peachy, but I'll be darned if I can export an H.264 file looking halfway decent even at High Profile and a healthy data rate.

Matt

Return to posts index

Matthew Griffin
Re: Editing P2 720p feature on Premiere CS3
on Apr 14, 2008 at 1:52:05 pm

Perhaps simplifying my question will help:
Should I create a P2 or Blackmagic P2 720P 50p session using my 25fps DVCPRO-HD 720p material? Playback would need to be rendered, but this is a default setting whereas my custom configged P2 720p 25fps session (which plays natively) may be the root of my output problems.

Sigh. I'm at the point of exporting an edl and moving from my nice quad core XP editing system to a 1st Gen MacBookPro (what i used on-set to injest the cards and cut an assembly!). If any of you p2 + ppro cs3 folks can take pity on me and throw me a bone! ;-)

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]