FORUMS: list search recent posts

DuelAdaptor and FCP 5?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Schwartz
DuelAdaptor and FCP 5?
on Apr 11, 2008 at 12:50:51 am

Hi,

I'm running FCP 5.0.1 on a MacBook Pro (2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM).

I heard through the grapevine that I need to be running FCP 6 in order to offload video from a P2 card via the
DuelAdaptor

Is this true? I don't understand why it would be. However, on the Panasonic download site, there's a program called "AVC-Intra Decoder for Final Cut Pro Systems" which allows you to "Preview and import P2 HD AVC-Intra clips using Apple Final Cut Pro 6.0.2." Here's the link:

Is this program required to access the video on the P2 card? Is this why FCP 6 (specifically, version 6.0.2) is required when using the DuelAdaptor?

Our other option is to rent the P2 Gear

This works with FCP 5.0.1, right?

Any advice from somebody who has experience with these products would be much appreciated. Our shoot starts Saturday!

Thanks,
Jon

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Re: DuelAdaptor and FCP 5?
on Apr 11, 2008 at 11:27:01 am

Hi,

You need to be running at least 5.0.4 to get the P2 to work. And for the Duel Adapter I am thinking it was developed under FCP 6. And just for the record, and the other guys here thathave the history in working with 5.0.4 it really is recommended that you upgrade to 5.1.2.

The AVC-Intra program you found has absolutely nothing to do with making the P2 work but rather footage from the AJ-HPX2000 or 3000 shot with the AVC-Intra side of their capabilities work.

Hope this helps,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, HPX500, HVX200, DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]