FORUMS: list search recent posts

24p to 25p

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Ullah
24p to 25p
on Apr 10, 2008 at 8:59:14 am

I'm working in a Pal territory with my NTSC HVX200. Since we're shooting HD this shouldn't be an issue...but it is.

The editor has had to convert the footage to 25p in order to make a region 2 friendly DVD. I asked him why he didn't just treat it as 25p and accept the 4% increase in speed as nobody would ever notice such a small increment. He said that in FCP this was not possible.

Is it possible for me to alter the metadata after shooting but prior to editing so that it thinks that it is 25p? Would the timecode screw all of this up?

Any suggestions? I don't want to give the editor such a bad headache on the next one. Before you suggest the HPX500 the budgets don't stretch to it.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: 24p to 25p
on Apr 10, 2008 at 5:12:02 pm

If the timeline is truly 23.98 (and not 59.94) have the editor export a self contained movie of the project, & duplicate that movie. Then open that duplicate in Cinema Tools. Click conform and change it to 25.0. Click ok. less than a second later, that movie is now 25p with the speed up and audio sample rate change. If everyone can live with the duration and speed up, you are done.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Paul Ullah
Re: 24p to 25p
on Apr 10, 2008 at 9:40:04 pm

Thank you.

that seems to be the solution that I am looking for.

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]