FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Question

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Paluzzi
P2 Question
on Apr 5, 2008 at 9:54:25 pm

I'm shooting with the HPX-2000 and transfering P2 files to my RAID via Duel adapter and MBP. I create "Reel" folders on my RAID for raw footage archiving for each client. My question is...is it possible to select certain clips from different "reels" and put them back to P2? Basically, I have a client that wants footage from different reels and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get it out of my RAID without giving them all the footage from that card.

HPX-2000 w/AVC board
P2 Mobile with AVC board
MBP 10.5

Return to posts index

D. Scott Dobbie
Re: P2 Question
on Apr 6, 2008 at 5:19:38 am

You can use Raylight to write to P2 cards (double-check to be sure your MBP and OS combination are one of the ones compatible for that feature), but does he really have to have the clips back on the P2 cards? Wouldn't it be easier for you to output a .mov or .wmv file for him to use?

Return to posts index

John Paluzzi
on Apr 6, 2008 at 1:08:39 pm

Yeah, I was just trying to avoid importing each clip into FCP and then exporting out....I don't think you can export out of P2CM or HDLog, can you? I'll also look into the Raylight feature....thanks!

HPX-2000 w/AVC board
P2 Mobile with AVC board
MBP 10.5

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 7, 2008 at 2:23:19 pm

If you use P2CMS you can separate out each clip and put it back on a P2 card. But this is a lot of extra effort, assuming they're on a Mac I'd just send them ingested QuickTimes.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the HD Survival Guide!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

D. Scott Dobbie
on Apr 7, 2008 at 2:29:34 pm

You don't have to do an "export," per se. Like Noah mentioned, just send the ingested QT files: remember how FCP takes your MXF clip and puts a QT wrapper around it? Those .mov files are created for every clip, or portion of, that you import using Log & Transfer. They're placed in your Capture Scratch folder. Just burn them to a data DVD.

Return to posts index

Kevin Mumphrey
on Apr 7, 2008 at 1:57:18 pm

I have a P2-HPX500 demo model. I am trying to transfer files via camera to my pc. The pc is reading the cards, but Avid Express Pro cannot recognize file format. What drivers or software do I need to convert these files? Thanks.

Return to posts index

D. Scott Dobbie
on Apr 7, 2008 at 2:33:37 pm

Don't know the answer, but you should start a new post with your question and give it a relative subject line so others can see it and respond. As its now placed, your question will get lost and look like it's a reply.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 8, 2008 at 2:34:49 am

[Kevin Mumphrey] "I have a P2-HPX500 demo model. I am trying to transfer files via camera to my pc. The pc is reading the cards, but Avid Express Pro cannot recognize file format. What drivers or software do I need to convert these files? Thanks."

I'd ask that particular one on the Avid forum. AFAIK Avid Express Pro doesn't suppor this camera but they'd know better there.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the HD Survival Guide!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]