FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2CMS crashes MBP

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Stephens
P2CMS crashes MBP
on Apr 5, 2008 at 6:21:07 pm

Today, I made the time to learn to import P2 1080i card into my MacBook Pro. I got our HVX200 just before Xmas and have been using FW thru MBP to HD very successfully.

The P2CMS software opened right up and found the P2 card (Duel Adapter) showed all the clips and would play them back. I set up a data base on an attached FW800 striped raid and hit ingest. The P2CMS software would ingest about a gig plus and then crash the MacBook Pro. This is a new MacBook Pro 2.4 /4gigs-ram/Leopard connected to a Granite Digital 2 drive Firewire 800 striped raid with Western Digital 500 gig HD. I tried it also to standard Fw400 HD, no luck.

Does the P2CMS software have a bug. Everything is current as of this December/January.

Using FCP 5.1.4 the P2 card 1080i imported just great to the FW800 striped drive.

The P2CMS software looks like it has a lot to offer with all of its data base discriptors/fields that can be filled in for archival knowledge. But it crashes the Mac Book Pro on ingest...

Is there an update.. or is it a Mac thing ... a simple search on the my subject line came up empty.

Return to posts index

Josh Wallace
Re: P2CMS crashes MBP
on Apr 7, 2008 at 7:37:31 am

I had the same problem with my MB Pro Dual 2.4Ghz, Duel Adaptor and P2CMS.
Seems the Duel Adaptor works best with Leopard but the P2CMS only works with Tiger and they don't work together on a MB Pro at all. Awesome!!!
Using the Duel Adaptor by itself works fine and using P2CMS on a PowerBook G4 with built in PCMCIA slot works fine too.
P2CMS is worth using purely for the Verified copying function.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]