FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX200 VS the HPX500 ?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Lima
HVX200 VS the HPX500 ?
on Apr 3, 2008 at 4:23:52 am

I have been reviewing footage captured on a HVX200 and it has a very large amount of noise. I would very much like to get a HVX200 but think I maybe should spring for a HPX500 instead. I read in another thread that the DVCPRO HD format is a "noisy format". Is that true, does that mean that all DVCPRO HD cameras have a high amount of noise in their images, or is it just the HVX200?

Any input would be appreciated...

Thanks

Brandon

Return to posts index

Nate Stephens
Re: HVX200 VS the HPX500 ?
on Apr 3, 2008 at 2:20:52 pm

Me thinks you need to read a lot more..

According to P2 Maestro Barry Green's book, the HVX 200 has over 180 different camera setups that you can do. Of these 180 combinations, some are for the removal of noise. It is called 'coring'. I just got my HVX200 last December and I am amazed at what it can do.

And I am currently getting prices to purchase the more 'corporate friendly' HPX500....

So buy both,, you'll need them..

Return to posts index

Vincent Becquiot
Re: HVX200 VS the HPX500 ?
on Apr 3, 2008 at 7:29:05 pm

This has been discussed countless times, but a smaller chip will always yield to more noise, and that's the case in the HVX 200, it has nothing to do with compression.

The HVX is great in controlled lighting situations, but you will certainely see noise in underlit areas as the sensors try to compensate. The HPX is $25000.00 more for similar functions, something's gotta give. There are also work around for noise reduction.

Vince

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]