FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using the HVX-200 to play FCP sequence onto external monitor

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Valente
Using the HVX-200 to play FCP sequence onto external monitor
on Apr 1, 2008 at 5:30:21 pm

Dear beautiful minds,

I have a problem using my HVX-200 to play out video from FCP 6. Reading other posts I have been able to get the sequence (set at 720/25P DVCPROHD) to play back onto the camera LCD no problem. The rub comes in trying to then play that image out onto an external TV monitor. I can get it to play out through the s-video cable and the AV cable but not through the component out cable. This would be fine but the s-video and the AV quality is crap. The camera has no problem playing out to the monitor through that cable when filming it just seems to refuse to do so when being used for FCP playback. This problem has been driving us up the wall and we have no other medium through which to playback DVCPRO HD. All suggestions welcome.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Using the HVX-200 to play FCP sequence onto external monitor
on Apr 1, 2008 at 6:21:10 pm

The HVX200 cannot be used for an HD monitoring device as you would a dv camcorder.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Oliver Valente
on Apr 1, 2008 at 6:59:02 pm

Thanks Jeremy but if thats the case how come I can playback through the LCD just not an external monitor? The camera obviously has the info coming in from FCP it just wont play it out. What are my options then for video playback if I cant use the camera? Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 1, 2008 at 7:07:01 pm

[Oliver Valente] "Thanks Jeremy but if thats the case how come I can playback through the LCD just not an external monitor?"

I can't remember the exact reason why, I will have to look it up. I vaguely remember it having to do something with heat.

[Oliver Valente] "What are my options then for video playback if I cant use the camera?"

Laptop: AJA ioHD or Matrox MXO (output only)
Desktop: AJA Kona Lhe, Kona 3 or ioHD and Matrox MXO. You can also try Blackmagic but I don't know enough about them to recommend them.

Let me see if I can find the exact reason regarding the monitoring issue. Back in a bit.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 1, 2008 at 8:04:49 pm

Crap.

For the life of me I can't find it, but I did find a thread where I predicted the ioHD:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/193/863070

Just kidding.

Some back up:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/193/864194

There was a post from Jan (or so I thought) explaining exactly why this won't work but I can't find it. :(

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Oliver Valente
on Apr 2, 2008 at 12:56:10 pm

Thanks for all your efforts Jeremy. Will look into those options.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]