FORUMS: list search recent posts

Raylight, Focus Enhancement, P2 and Discreet*

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Healey
Raylight, Focus Enhancement, P2 and Discreet*
on Mar 26, 2008 at 4:31:43 am

Hey gang!

Some of you my be familiar with my latest challenge so forgive me if this seems to be a repost!

I've been having a really tough time trying to take P2 MXF files and convert them to AVI or MOV files to use in my old but true Discreet edit NLE. I'm in the process of migrating to a P2 friendly NLE but need a fix in the meantime.

I have made several inquiries to Raylight and the folks at Focus Enhancement about their applications/compatibility and have yet to receive a single reply in over a week.

The short of it is, every time I drop a native MXF file into Raylight or DVFilm Maker and try to convert to a standard Photo JPEG MOV file I get black. If I try to convert to the discreet/Targa 2000 AVI format using the licensed version of Morgan LSI codec for TVMJP, I get critcal errors.

I find it hard to believe it's this difficult to convert an MXF file to a usable MOV or AVI file that edit will import and like. Again, this is a short term issue while I finalize my new P2 friendly NLE but a major issue nonetheless. The total lack of support from Raylight and Focus Enhancement has been frustrating to say the least!

Can anyone shed some light??

Cheers!

~Mike~

Return to posts index

Christopher Wright
Re: Raylight, Focus Enhancement, P2 and Discreet*
on Mar 26, 2008 at 7:47:08 pm

As painful as it sounds, I would probably convert all your footage to TGA image sequences and then import those into Edit*. Almost any graphics program will do this for you, and I remember Edit* played extremely well with the TGA format. You really can't expect these companies to try to help you out with an SD editing program that has been EOLed for over 6 years now! Adobe Premiere just got P2 support less than 6 months ago!!

Dual 2.5 G5, IO, Kona LH, IO, Medea Raid, UL4D, NVidia 6800, 4Gig RAM
Octocore 8 GB Ram, Radeon card, MBP, MXO
Windows XP Adobe Studio CS3, Vegas 8.0, Lightwave 9.2, Sound Forge 9, Acid Pro 6, Continuum 5, Boris Red 4, Combustion 2008, Sapphire Effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]