FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best format for HVX200

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stephan hill
Best format for HVX200
on Mar 17, 2008 at 6:12:24 pm

A friend of mine is lending me his HVX200 for a project i am working on and I am a little confused on what would be the best format to shoot in.

The video will be finalized as a video projection and run off of a computer so shooting in P mode would seem to be the best. I have also found when I shot with my old Panasonic that 30 or 60 fps was much better for projects that are not migrating to film or television.

Would anyone be able to recommend the best (highest quality) format. Right now I am thinking about 720p/60p or 1080i/30p.

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Vincent Becquiot
Re: Best format for HVX200
on Mar 17, 2008 at 7:01:26 pm

This camera is native 720P.

Some will argue that 1080 yields to better quality, and while you may notice a slight difference on a very large screen, chroma keying is the only reason I can think of to have to deal with the extra data. 30P is also a good choice, though it will fill up a card much faster than 24PN.

Vince

Return to posts index

Jim Carswell
on Mar 17, 2008 at 10:45:20 pm

According to Jan Crittenden (known as the Panasonic Queen to some) and Barry Green (known as the HVX200 guru to many) the HVX operates internally at 1920x1080. All the other formats are than processed from there. For lack of a better way of saying it, the HVX down converts its native 1920x0180 in order to produce 720p.

A lot of HVX users feel shooting at 1080pA24 produces the highest quality images.

Jim

Jim Carswell
Spyhop Productions, Inc.
Savannah, GA
http://www.spyhopproductions.com

Return to posts index

Vincent Becquiot
on Mar 17, 2008 at 10:59:13 pm

I guess what I was trying to say is that you have to balance between a quality difference that 98% of the viewers would not be able to find even putting 2 frames side by side on a 12' screen vs a huge penalty in file size and system requirements. But again, I agree that will benefit from it in compositing.

Cheers,

Vince

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]