FORUMS: list search recent posts

What Pro tripods are you shooting with?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Healey
What Pro tripods are you shooting with?
on Mar 17, 2008 at 4:14:28 pm

Hey gang - I've been using my DVCPro rig tripod under my HVX200 for a few months. It's a Bogen 510 head on 3190 sticks. It's a bit overkill and heavy for the run and gun shoots lately and honestly, the less I have to pack and haul the happier this "old man" gets. ha! Also looking to add another tripod system for the 200 to use on locked down, multi-cam shoots.

So, what are you guys using to support your 200's?

Thanks!

~Mike~

Return to posts index

Vincent Becquiot
Re: What Pro tripods are you shooting with?
on Mar 17, 2008 at 7:09:22 pm

Depending on what you are loading on the camera, I would recommend a Vinten Vision 3. Tripod and head. If budget is an issue you can probably find a nice used one on Enay in the sub 1K.

Vince

Return to posts index

D. Scott Dobbie
on Mar 18, 2008 at 1:19:38 am

You didn't specify a budget, so I'll say I'm really happy with my Cartoni Focus.

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
on Mar 18, 2008 at 5:36:02 am

Extremely happy with my Sachtler DV-6SB paired with the Miller Solo DV carbon legs. No spreader, can touch the ground or go all of the way up to 72" high, great tripod, great head. Why have a camera as good as the HVX on a sub-par tripod?

Dan

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

Mike Healey
on Mar 19, 2008 at 11:55:49 am

Thanks guys! I suppose my Bogen 510 system is not as over the top for this little rig as I thought, ha! Cartoni must be really proud of their heads with some of their prices. Even their "lower end" DV heads are almost twice as much as other standard heads. WOW! Do they pan and tilt on voice commands? LOL!

Thanks for the input!

~M~

Return to posts index

jim Kinsey
on Mar 25, 2008 at 8:20:16 pm

I have been using the miller solo dv carbon fiber legs and DS-20 head for sometime now with my HVX200. Lightweight and able to go low to the ground... or above the crowd. I have yet to have a failure with this setup from the Arctic to the Equator and everywhere in between. It just works!!

Jim Kinsey
DP SWP Inc.

8 core 3.2GHz Mac pro, 8 gigs ram,FCP 2, CalDigit HDpro 4TB, 30" cinema display, Macbook pro 2.6 GHz, 4 gigs ram, HVX200, EX-1, XL2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]