FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 issue? Drive issue? or Mac issue?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeff wilmes
P2 issue? Drive issue? or Mac issue?
on Mar 16, 2008 at 5:55:08 am

Not sure where to go with this, but I'm offloading P2 cards with P2 Genie, to a GRAID2 through Windows XP laptop. Taking GRAID2 and offloading to Mac G5 to RAID Array.

I just got the GRAID and as I begin to transfer files for backup to the array, I get this message "The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "file name" could not be read or written. (Error code -36)" I started to research this error, but it's getting late.

I had been doing this with LaCie drives previously and did not encounter this problem. Once I moved the files onto the array for backup, I would then Log and Transfer into FCP to another array. Not sure where I missed something but looks as if I have. Can someone steer me in the right direction to clear this up? Thanks.

Return to posts index

jeff wilmes
Re: Or a Windows Issue? Transferring P2 to drives
on Mar 17, 2008 at 11:57:04 am

Also, wondering if this is a Windows issue. I also have no problem transferring files w/ Firestore. All I'm doing is selecting contents folder and lastclip and dragging from GRAID to drives on the array/G5. Also, all files are locked, is this common?

Return to posts index

Greg Hunt
Re: P2 issue? Drive issue? or Mac issue?
on Mar 22, 2008 at 5:25:58 am

Hi I'm having the same problem, also with a GDRIVE. I'm hoping that it's not a corrupted clip, as older posts on this matter seemed to suggest. However it also appears that there might be a way around this issue somehow??

Only certain MXF files shot over a couple days are giving me this error code (-36). I can't view them in Log and Transfer (FC) and I am unable to drag them to my desktop, empty P2 card, or another drive because of this same error code. I am essentially stuck. And these are very important shots!!

Note: many shots from the same P2 card work fine. Also, MXF files brought onto the same drive afterwards are also fine.

Somebody help!!??

Return to posts index

jeff wilmes
on Mar 22, 2008 at 5:52:30 am

Hey Greg,

What were you using to offload the cards? I used P2 Genie and I'm wondering if that had something to do with it. I tried using P2CMS and had no problem transferring the files. I also had no problems using log and transfer, with the offloaded cards by P2 Genie. I was able to get my QT's I was just trying to get the MXF's, transferred to the "archive drive."

I'm not too familiar with the -36 but I found some reading on it and it has to do with a file "ds_store" not sure if it was Mac or Windows and also not sure if that is the problem you are having.

Not sure if this helped, but I am wondering about the problem, and as I posted awhile ago, I kind of thought no one knew what was going on, or had similar problems.

Return to posts index

Greg Hunt
on Mar 22, 2008 at 7:34:29 am

I use Macs. For the P2 file transfer I just put the card in my powerbook (older model) and drag all contents into an individual folder on an external GRAID drive. Each P2 content "dump" has it's own folder. So far this has worked fine for me. When I use FC I save the scratch disc files to a separate drive so that mxf and HD scratch qtimes are not on the same drive.

The clips that seem corrupted are varied and shot at different times. But they are all on the same batch/folder that I brought in together. I'm worried and haven't been able to find out any more information.

Thanks for the reply.

Greg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]