FORUMS: list search recent posts

HELP! P2 Content

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Nowak
HELP! P2 Content
on Mar 7, 2008 at 5:11:17 am

OK brilliant men and women I'm desperate for help. For the last year I've been editing P2 media on my FCP system flawlessly. (Currently running Powermac G5 dual with 10.4.11., FCP 6 and Quicktime 7.4.1) But now, all of the sudden I'm having no success loading P2 media into my Log & transfer window. the L&T window opens fine but it is when I "add custom path" I direct it to the appropriate files on my Hard drives but it doesn't load shots into the Log and transfer window. Nothing happens. Is this due to my quicktime upgrade? How do I remedy this? Please help Im desperate!

Marty N

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: HELP! P2 Content
on Mar 7, 2008 at 5:28:13 am

Don't use the add custom path, hit the folder with the plus sign on it on the left of the L&T window and direct FCP to the enclosing folder with CONTENTS and lastclip.txt.

Return to posts index

Martin Nowak
on Mar 7, 2008 at 5:36:42 am

Jeremy, I tried your suggestion and again, nothing happens.

Marty N

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 7, 2008 at 5:41:12 am

Is there anything in the folder?

Return to posts index

Martin Nowak
on Mar 7, 2008 at 5:48:16 am

Yes, I have several folders I know there's media in.

Marty N

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 7, 2008 at 5:49:15 am

And you trashed your preferences?

Quit FCP first.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 7, 2008 at 4:31:12 pm

DO you have FXFactory installed?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD now for sale!
http://www.LFHD.net
Read my blog!

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
on Mar 7, 2008 at 5:00:02 pm

Martin:

If the FXFactory thing isn't causing this, you are the victim of the QT 7.4.1 DRM fiasco. One of my clients had this issue and the only way to resolve it is to downgrade your QuickTime with the Pacifist utility. You need to go back down to QT 7.3.

In it's infinite wisdom, Apple has put a lot of DRM routines into the newest versions of QT, largely due to studio pressure since they are selling more television and films on iTunes. I have seen this problem manifest in several ways..

1. On my friend's MBP, once he installed QT 7.4.1, his system preferences pane became corrupt and he could not boot the system prefs.

2. Same friend also could capture any P2 clips under 10 minutes but all of the clips over 10 minutes played with just a gray screen with sparkles.

3. Have heard of QT 7.4.1 basically can cripple AE for some users

4. Many users are unknowingly loading the newer versions of QT by just auto update for iTunes. This downloads QT 7.4.1

5. The Pacifist utility costs $20.00 and seems to work pretty well. I have referred three other users t Pacifist and in each case, it got them back going. http://www.charlessoft.com/Pacifist_Documentation/English/index.html

You can research the exact procedure (it is involved) over at the http://www.kenstone.net website.

6. I have also heard of several users going through exactly what you are going through too as far as the log & transfer window with P2. Unfortunately Apple has really screwed up QuickTime for pro users. Beginning at v 7.3.1, with each new update of QuickTime, Apple has tried to fix the things that they have broken on previous versions, but with each newer version, they have broken other weird random things. The main problem is that QuickTime is the backbone of all of the video apps so these little bugs can have long ranging ramifications that nobody even knows about until users start screaming.

Good luck,

Dan

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]