FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX200-Harpertown/Leopard Mac Pro Glitch?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Paris
HVX200-Harpertown/Leopard Mac Pro Glitch?
on Mar 4, 2008 at 10:52:01 pm

Just got my new 3.0 Harpertown Octacore system running Leopard with a Kona 3 Card from ProMax. I'm having an issue that has confounded tech support and everyone else..... think it might be a software glitch? The following is happening:

1. The HVX200 set in "device mode" via firewire only works via the rear firewire port.
2. When the HVX200 is plugged into the front port the camera doesn't show up on the desk top and there's no connection between the camera and the computer. The camera and the 32 gig card do however show up in the Profiler.
3. When the HVX200 and Sony DV cameras are hooked up via the FW front port in DV mode, the camera does connect and has machine control in log and capture mode.
4. If the camera is plugged into the front port and in device mode during startup, the computer will hang up and not boot. When you turn the camera off, start up continues.
5. Other FW drives seem to work fine via the front port.
6. The problem also persists when I start up with a a backup startup drive.

I'm posting this to see if others are having this issue and/or to see if anyone has any ideas about what could cause this. Thanks in advance!

Bill Paris
Crew Hawaii Television

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: HVX200-Harpertown/Leopard Mac Pro Glitch?
on Mar 5, 2008 at 8:32:26 pm

I think all the firewire ports are on the same bus, so if you have multiple devices hooked up at the same time that can cause issues. I added a firewire card to my Mac Pro and that solved some problems for me.

Return to posts index

Bill Paris
on Mar 5, 2008 at 8:38:08 pm

Thanks Jason,

I've tried it without anything but the Firewire 800 drive plugged in, I'll try to unplug that drive as well and give it a try.

bp

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Mar 6, 2008 at 1:38:58 am

Cannot go In and Out at the same time

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Bill Paris
on Mar 6, 2008 at 3:35:23 pm

Richard,

Thanks for the info...... nice video lesson on drives! I'll double check to make sure no other drives are plugged into the bus and see if the camera mounts properly. My other Mac Pro did have a Firewire card, so that might explain why I never had this problem in the past.

bp

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]