FORUMS: list search recent posts

Good versatile shoulder mount?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Kavanagh
Good versatile shoulder mount?
on Mar 3, 2008 at 11:46:03 pm

I work for a production company that does fishing and hunting shows. We are seriously thinking about investing in a couple of Sony EX1 but these little lightweight cameras are not the greatest thing when your on a rocking boat or walking through the forest. We need a shoulder mount that stabilizes the camera as well something that is easy to take of in 2 seconds so we can hang the camera over the side of the boat and get shots that you can't shoot with a camera on your shoulder. If possible I'd like something that leaves my left hand free so I can manual zoom in real quick, focus, and zoom out. Doing that with a Varizoom control is not ideal. So, does anyone have any products that they have had good experiences with and they think will suit our needs?

Return to posts index

David Smith
Re: Good versatile shoulder mount?
on Mar 4, 2008 at 4:02:00 pm

Hey Ryan,

I use shoulder mounts all the time with these small cameras and wholeheartedly agree they add a lot of stability. I bought several for a project, and still have an extra one if you're interested in a used one in excellent condition. It's the Mightywondercam from Videosmith:

http://www.videosmith.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&pr...

For the quick release idea I bought..... a quick release, which I use with my Z1. I purchased a lightweight Gitzo pan head to use with this camera (didn't want to drag my Sachtler around the Malian bush on a trip to Africa) and Gitzo makes a screw on receiving bracket that matches the head's quick release camera plate. Bogen/Monfronto make similar matching products, but I'm not a fan of their pan heads.

So, I can simply press and slide the camera out of either bracket and switch from tripod to shoulder mount in seconds.

Regards,
David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]