FORUMS: list search recent posts

Putting archived P2 back on to P2 cards via Mac

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Garchow
Putting archived P2 back on to P2 cards via Mac
on Feb 28, 2008 at 4:36:22 pm

I am using a MacBook Pro and a P2 store as a card reader. I have P2CMS.

We have some old footage that a client wants on mini dv. I'd like to down convert in camera, but I can't figure out how to get the MXF data back on to a p2 card. In p2CMS when I choose the mounted NONAME card to export back to, it of course says that I don't have permissions as it's read only. How does this get done on a Mac? Can I use an HVX200?

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Putting archived P2 back on to P2 cards via Mac
on Feb 28, 2008 at 4:56:40 pm

Nevermind. Had to use a USB cable with the HVX200 attached. All is well.

Return to posts index

Nate Stephens
on Feb 28, 2008 at 7:28:31 pm

Jeremy,

You used a USB cable connected from your Mac to the HVX200 to write to the P2 card?

Was this edited video or the original MXF data (video, last clip) originally from the P2 card.

I have a client that likes the thought of recording her interviews via firewire to the MacBook Pro to 2.5 sata drives... But she also wants a mini DV copy (same Time code) to do an off line edit with at home... Can this be done using the HVX as a 1080i to dv transcoder?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 28, 2008 at 7:52:11 pm

[Nate Stephens] "You used a USB cable connected from your Mac to the HVX200 to write to the P2 card? "

Yes. I have archived MXF data on a SATA drive and I needed to get that data back to a P2 card via mac so I can do a realtime down-convert to minidv. In order to get both read and write capability to the P2 card, you have to connect via USB and not firewire. Then using P2CMS I loaded the archived p2 card from the SATA drive, and exported it to one of the P2 cards mounted on my desktop. It takes a while, but it's worth it. As far as a timecode match, i haven't got that far yet. In my case, it won't be necessary, but I will let you know once I have finished transferring the data back to p2 and begin the conversion.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]