FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot Import P2 Footage into FCP 6!! Please Help!

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Clubb
Cannot Import P2 Footage into FCP 6!! Please Help!
on Feb 12, 2008 at 8:52:27 pm

Hi all,
I've browsed the net forever and read all related posts i could find here on CreativeCow with no luck. I have Final Cut Pro 6.0.2 and all necessary updates. I'm able to see/hear all of my footage in the Log and Transfer preview window, but none of the footage will actually transfer over into FCP. I have several hours of footage across several P2 cards. Whether i try one clip or multiple clips, I get the red exclamation point which notes "error:unknown" the very second that i add to my queue. None of my names are too long. I've tried all different preference combinations within that window. My footage is 720p/24 HD if that factors into the equation. This project is time sensative and i'm really stressing out at the moment. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Cannot Import P2 Footage into FCP 6!! Please Help!
on Feb 12, 2008 at 10:20:36 pm

Try this:

#36 - One or More P2 files failed to import.

Shane's Stock Answer #36 - "One or more clips failed to import..."

Very often in the field with this camera the camera operator will delete clips from the P2 card that they just don't like. That is the beauty of this camera. But, the still for that video file (located in the CLIP folder in the CONTENTS folder)...the still that you see when you are in the P2 Import window...is not deleted. So you will see the image, and the name, but the video file would have been deleted.

What you can do it compare the file names in the VIDEO folder and CLIP folder and see if anything is missing. If something is, then you know what the problem is. You can then just import the rest a few at time, skipping that one.

ALSO...in the P2 Import window...in the P2 Browser, there is a little sprocket drop down menu. Click on that and choose PREFERENCES. Uncheck REMOVE PULLDOWN and then try importing again.

ALSO...make sure your file names aren't too long. Try shortening them and see if that works.

Shane

Littlefrog Post

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD now for sale!
http://www.lfhd.net

Return to posts index

Jerry Clubb
on Feb 13, 2008 at 1:51:14 am

Shane,
Thank you for the info, but i had already tried all of those solutions. Now information is missing. Everything matches up. Not to mention, i have hundreds of clips here and not a single one even attempts to transfer over. Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

Michael Crawford
on May 7, 2008 at 6:01:50 pm

Unchecking the Remove Advanced Pulldown and Duplicate Frames Checkbox worked for me.

Files would play in Log and Transfer window but could not be added to the queue or imported in to the project.

Return to posts index

David Perry
on Feb 13, 2008 at 5:57:18 am

Hi,

I don't know if this will help but page 97 of the HD and Broadcast Formats manual talks about not copying just the CONTENTS folder but copying the enclosing folder to your Hard drive. I don't know if you have copied the files or are connecting the camera through FW. Also, there is a management program you need to download.It is called the P2 Store Manager.File is AJ-PCSO60G.

If you can't find it I can email it to you.

David Perry
Carmen Productions

Return to posts index

Dave Neyman
on Feb 13, 2008 at 6:18:02 am

You may have tried this already but if you have not deleted the data from the original P2 cards, try re-transferring them and seeing if that works. ESPECIALLY if you only transferred the contents folder and not the entire NO NAME P2 card. Copy the entire card over the the hard drive and then rename it to whatever fits your project.
Other than a glitch that happened in the transfer process, I'm not sure what you are running into.

Best of luck

Return to posts index

Dan Montgomery
on Feb 22, 2008 at 4:56:03 pm

Jerry,

Have you been able to resolve this issue?

You might try converting the clips with a program like P2Log Pro or Raylight. This would give you FCP XML's with associated QT files that you open directly, avoiding the tempramental "Log and Transfer" window.

http://www.imagineproducts.com/P2log.htm

Video logging is just the beginning...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]