FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mode button and menu button dead

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn Miller
Mode button and menu button dead
on Feb 6, 2008 at 7:55:02 pm

Hey all,

I just finished a shoot in my building, when I got back to my desk I discovered that neither the mode button nor the menu button on my HVX worked. I can shoot video on P2 and tape, but I can't change settings or mode. Is there a way to reset the HVX to factory settings? HAs anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Shawn Miller

Return to posts index

Rennie Klymyk
Re: Mode button and menu button dead
on Feb 6, 2008 at 8:00:12 pm

You can try the reset button behind the flip out screen on the top left. You need a pen or pointed object, it's quite deep. Good luck!

"everything is broken" ......1st. coined by Esther Philips I believe.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Feb 6, 2008 at 8:33:58 pm

Hi Rennie,

I just tried the reset switch - I was able to change modes, but after I powered the camera off then on again, the same issue occurred, the mode button and the menu button stopped working. Using the reset switch again didn't help. :-(

Thanks,

Shawn

Return to posts index

Rennie Klymyk
on Feb 6, 2008 at 8:54:26 pm

Oh oh, sounds like a trip to a repair center. Maybe you could email Panasonic tech support first to see if there is anything else you can do. Was your firmware set for 16Gb cards? You could try pulling the battery, then power up with the menu and/or mode button held down. ;-/

"everything is broken" ......1st. coined by Esther Philips I believe.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Feb 6, 2008 at 9:59:38 pm

I just disconnected the power for a few minutes (instead of a few seconds), hit the reset button again and powered the camera up. It seems to be working like normal again... for now.

Thanks for the advice though, I really appreciate it. ;-)

Shawn

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Feb 8, 2008 at 10:36:47 pm

Update - my issue popped up again... right before a remote shoot yesterday. It was awesome finding out right before it was time to roll that I couldn't change my gamma settings. Oh well, time to email tech support. :-(

Shawn

Return to posts index

J.C. DuPont
on Feb 19, 2008 at 7:32:21 pm

Hey Shawn,

You're not alone. This issue just began on my camera.
I'm sorry for your trouble but glad to hear that it's not just me.

I'm going to try Panasonic tech support to see if they can help.
(Maybe Jan can chime in as well?)

Keep us updated.

Regards,
-joe

Return to posts index

Ignacio Guzman
on Feb 20, 2008 at 2:48:46 pm

Hi guys,

I have run into the same issue. The cam just started acting up out of the blue. I have to send my cam in for repair as it seems to be (from my observation) an overheating problem by the battery connector. I tried blowing some compressed air( which can get a little on the cool side after a few seconds) and I def noticed my camera working correctly. After warming up though the problem began again. When I emailed Panasonic they found the problem "strange" and "never heard of that type of issue before". Glad to see Im not the only one with the problem. It seems Panasonic may have some faulty parts in the cam. Lucky for me I still have warranty but for those that don't its gonna suck a big one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]