FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Card Delivery Delay: Is it My Dealer or Panasonic?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Konk Michaels
P2 Card Delivery Delay: Is it My Dealer or Panasonic?
on Feb 5, 2008 at 6:50:05 pm

I ordered a 16 GB P-2 Card from an authorized dealer in July 2007.....I paid UPFRONT as these are supposed to be reliable folks and I have dealt with them before with no problems.

Here were are in February 2008, and I still haven't received my P-2 card.

Numerous phone calls and e-mails have resulted in numerous excuses and finger pointing at Panasonic.

I have had to rent, borrow and steal cards from others in order to complete projects.

I bought an HVX 200 because I'm a believer in Panasonic and the cards...I've been a DVC Pro user for years, and I wanted to make the next step and work with P-2 Cards...not Firestore and/or tape.

So why am I carrying a supposedly reputable dealer and one of the worlds largest companies for over 8 months? $1000 might not mean much to them but it's a lot to a small business like mine. I realize I'm just a small fry in the big scheme of things, but isn't this ridiculous?

I know others who've ordered 32gb cards and 16gb cards from other dealers and they've received their's already....so despite all the press about delays...is it really Panasonic or have I been screwed.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or does anyone ghave any suggestions as to who I can contact at Panasonic to move this along?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Re: P2 Card Delivery Delay: Is it My Dealer or Panasonic?
on Feb 5, 2008 at 8:12:03 pm

P2 Cards are instock at many of the dealers. Panasonic has them in stock.

Don't know what else to say,

Jan

Product Manager, HPX500, HVX200, DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

D. Scott Dobbie
on Feb 5, 2008 at 10:59:00 pm

I'm curious as to who the dealer is. If there's an issue, others need to be made aware. Maybe you were just lucky in your previous dealings.

Return to posts index

Rennie Klymyk
on Feb 5, 2008 at 11:36:26 pm

Yes, this is beyond unreasonable to the point of ridiculousness. Are you sure they are an authorized dealer? They should up it to a 32GB card or at least cut you a very good deal on a up grade.

"everything is broken" ......1st. coined by Esther Philips I believe.

Return to posts index

Konk Michaels
on Feb 6, 2008 at 4:24:17 pm

It's The HD Group in Buffalo, NY

Return to posts index

Rennie Klymyk
on Feb 6, 2008 at 5:32:31 pm

Just curious, are they on Panasonic's list of dealers?

It is here, use the "find a dealer" link:
http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?display...

Return to posts index

Konk Michaels
on Feb 7, 2008 at 5:58:44 am

Indeed, they are on the list.

If there is anyone from Panasonic reading this, I hope they take note.

They haven't been represented very well in this instance.

Return to posts index

Rennie Klymyk
on Feb 7, 2008 at 7:46:46 am

In a small town where everyone knows everyone else's business you run into situations where a salesman has a good client who is well established and does enough business with them to become more or less friends. If some new guy shows up on the scene and starts getting some business of the established company it wouldn't be unheard of for the salesman friend to screw around the new guy in support of his big spending friend. In a big city no one knows one another that well for these occurrences so I hope this isn't reminiscent of your situation.

How about this? In August when the Panasonic order came in and your card was unpacked, a film maker ran in in a panic and desperately needed a 16GB P2 card. The salesman thought Hmmm, I can sell this one and just reorder one for Konk. But then in September when the Panasonic order came in another desperate film maker rushed in in the same predicament. Again the salesman thought well, this Konk person isn't here, I can put him off and make an extra sale. By now they are thinking, well the 64Gb cards should be along soon, lets hold this order in case they do show up and with this confirmed sale we won't get stuck with the old 16GB stock.

Enough of this speculation, I'm going to bed before I get just as ridiculous as this situation. To wait this long for a paid for 16GB P2 card is unfathomable to me though. I'd love to hear what happened. I still think they should upgrade you to a 32GB card after all this.

Return to posts index

on Feb 7, 2008 at 11:18:17 am

Hi,

My suggestion is that you go back to the dealer and ask for your money back. Then call another dealer and have them sell you the card. This is just simply ridiculous that you can't get a card that is virtually in stock everywhere else.

Sounds like your dealer needs a lesson or two in customer service and what happens when you show a lack of it.

Best,

Jan

Return to posts index

Rennie Klymyk
on Feb 7, 2008 at 7:00:43 pm

[Jan Crittenden Livingston] "go back to the dealer and ask for your money back"

Good advice Jan, I would add - you should contact someone higher up than the sales department you've been dealing with and explain the situation. They should be made aware.

In 72 I bought a brand new Norton Commando motorcycle and quickly learned how much tweeking and tinkering was required to keep it operational. I determined it was going to cost me a fortune for service at the dealer or I would need to learn how it ticked. I requested a shop manual from the dealer and was put off for months and months until I finally wrote the factory in the UK. I received a letter back telling me they had sent some to my dealer but again I was turned away. I wrote the the Factory again and received a letter back stating there was one with my name on it sent to the dealer and would I go get it. I was instructed to take the letter with me and if I was turned away again I was to show the manager/owner the next paragraph which instructed him to phone this official immediately. Sure enough I was turned away again from the dealer. Anyway he got awfully red faced as he read the letter, disappeared in the back and came out with a manual that had a bit of grease on it. He told me it was the only one they had which I'm sure was a big lie.

I dealt with the owner/manager personally from day one. His dealership was also a Suzuki dealer and he personally raced suzuki motorcycles. He belittled the Norton motorcycle to me in the past also but only after I had bought one. It pays to go to the top sometimes as in this case the Norton Manufacturer was being very poorly represented.

Return to posts index

Konk Michaels
on Feb 27, 2008 at 2:59:16 am

Just as an update.

After posting on this message board...I spoke with the rep one more time and said that if I didn't receive the card within a week, I wanted my money back. I received the card via UPS on Wednesday of last week....and UNBELEIVABLY....two days later I received a 20 dollar invoice for shipping.

They kept me waiting almost 8 months for this card and didn't see fit to credit me the shipping for my trouble.

I placed a spitting angry phone call yesterday telling them they had some nerve jerking my chain for 8 months and then sticking me with the shipping. Once again...the rep tried to explain that I was told up front that shipping was extra...I reminded him that he also told me delivery would be in 4-6 weeks...NOT 8 MONTHS.

Needless to say, I'm not paying the shipping...they can kiss my ass.

And by the way....the rep tried to blame the whole thing on Panasonic...telling me they're "very difficult to work with."

Never again.....my advice to anyone who reads this.....never buy anything from The HD Group in Buffalo, NY.

Panasonic should consider dumping them as well.

Return to posts index

on Feb 27, 2008 at 11:52:54 am

Hi,

I am glad you finally got your P2 card. While I do know there are times that we can be difficult to deal with, we are a large company with our own bureaucratic quirks, there is nothing that we did or didn't do that ket the dealer from delivering the card to you.

I find it very telling that they would try to shift the blame for their lack of proper customer service to Panasonic. I have forwarded this thread to the sales folks in charge, maybe they will take you up on your idea.

Glad you got your card.

Best,

Jan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]