FORUMS: list search recent posts

DUEL ADAPTOR NOW AVAILABLE

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rodegear
DUEL ADAPTOR NOW AVAILABLE
on Mar 7, 2007 at 10:46:42 pm

At long last the P2 card adaptor for Slot 34 Macbook Pros is available for ordering. I just got the email. Here is the link.

http://www.duel-systemsadapters.com/

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: DUEL ADAPTOR NOW AVAILABLE
on Mar 7, 2007 at 10:52:05 pm

Will this work with the P2 cards? It doesn't say.

Until it is tested, I'd be wary. Because just plain old PCMCIA card readers don't read the P2 cards.

Shane

Littlefrog Post
http://www.lfhd.net

Return to posts index

rodegear
on Mar 7, 2007 at 11:07:02 pm

It was my understanding that reading P2 cards was a part of the design specifications. Panasonic P2 is listed in the specs portion of their web site, although I can't confirm that it will work. I guess I'd "buy, try, and return if it doesn't work."

Return to posts index

Barry Green
on Mar 7, 2007 at 11:10:57 pm

It was designed specifically to work with P2 cards (in addition to other PCMCIA cards). Many beta testers have reported that they're very happy with the product.

-----------------
Get the most from your DVX camera. The DVX Book and DVX DVD are now available on ebay and at Amazon (http://www.fiftv.com/db)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 7, 2007 at 11:12:15 pm

AH. NOW I SEE IT.

Huge...huge...

Shane

Littlefrog Post
http://www.lfhd.net

Return to posts index

Russell Lasson
on Mar 7, 2007 at 11:23:49 pm

Give us work if it works! I'd buy it in heartbeat.

Return to posts index

Arthur Aldrich
on Mar 8, 2007 at 3:29:11 am

I have used one (beta) for a couple of weeks.

Works well.

They need to jazz it up a little with some graphics :-)

-
Art Aldrich

Leader, NJ FCP UG

http://www.njfcpug.org

Return to posts index

chris baldwin
on Mar 8, 2007 at 6:11:19 am

so whats the transfer speed? are we improving upon the 1 gig a minute that the g4 powerbooks can do, or is it the same or slower when connected to the 2.6 dual core macbook pros?

Return to posts index

Barry Green
on Mar 8, 2007 at 6:12:15 pm

Transfer speed is going to be limited by your hard disk.

On my WinXP laptop using a direct PCMCIA CardBus slot, I can transfer an 8GB card in just over 5 minutes. That's about as fast as it's going to get with today's laptop hard drive speeds.

-----------------
Get the most from your DVX camera. The DVX Book and DVX DVD are now available on ebay and at Amazon (http://www.fiftv.com/db)

Return to posts index

Joe Murray
on Mar 9, 2007 at 2:12:30 am

I only get slightly better speeds than that when using an external firewire 800 RAID 0 on a Powerbook with PCMCIA, so it may not be just the drive speed limiting the transfer times.

Joe Murray

Return to posts index

Scott E
on Apr 6, 2007 at 2:01:15 pm

What about this fine print on their site? Seems like it'd be a pain on location to have to reboot everytime you needed to upload.

"Notice to Customers Running Mac OS X: Due to a peripherals management limitation in Mac OS X, your MacBook Pro or other Apple computer must be restarted before reinserting the DuelAdapter into the ExpressCard card slot on your computer. We are actively working with Apple and expect to have this situation corrected in a future Mac OS X release. Please check the Drivers page on this web site for updates."

Return to posts index

Joe Murray
on Apr 6, 2007 at 5:06:00 pm

"We are actively working with Apple and expect to have this situation corrected in a future Mac OS X release."

They should also expect future releases of the Mac OS to create similar problems...ask any third party vendor that makes hardware for the Mac platform.

Return to posts index

adeath
on May 10, 2007 at 8:02:32 pm

I was just doing a location shoot this past weekend and was using a p2 store to copy the data across to an external dard drive and then copying the card to my p2 store for backup. This tends to tie up the p2 store for about 20 minutes per card. If this device works as advertised I assume I could use it in place of the p2 store for copying the files over to a backup drive. I have a 2.33 15" macbook pro right now and get transfer speeds of about 1 gig a minute reseulting in 7 to 8 minute transfer times per card with a p2 store running on USB 2.0. Can I expect faster times with the adapter. As to Scott's question it sounds like you only have to reboot if you unplug the device. Is it possible to just eject the card when the you finish and put the next card in? If so this sounds like and excellent device to ad to my travel kit.

Return to posts index

Chris Baldwin
on Jun 4, 2007 at 4:12:19 am

Sorry to bring the thread back but I'm wondering if there was an answer to this question? can you eject the P2 card without ejecting the whole device? Eliminating the restart need?

Return to posts index

civdiv
on Sep 7, 2007 at 10:17:17 am

In case anybody still want to know. You can mount and unmout P2 cards as you please. It's the DuelAdapter itself that if ejected requires a reboot to be recognized again.

On DuelAdapters web site there are three downloads of note for OS X.

The appropriate installer for your version of OS X.

The "PC Card Driver Links Panasonic P2" This gets software from Panasonic that allows OS X to recognize P2.

Suggested but not required, the "DuelAdapter Troubleshooting Guide". Shows tips on how to make sure everything is working right. Also describes the DuelAdapter's A-B switch, important if you share the DuelAdapter with PCs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]