FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to duplicate objects

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ron curington
How to duplicate objects
on Feb 27, 2017 at 5:04:26 pm

Just another one of those things that seems a glaringly obvious oversight in Flash.

Again most Graphics software has some mechanism for duplicating objects pragmatically . Of course I know I can do the Alt, click, drag to create a duplicate object .

However in this instance I need to create the Minute ticks around a clock face. In other words I need to duplicate line segments in a radial pattern. This process is just stupidly simple in most softwares. Unfortunatly Adobe in their infinite wisdom has chosen to leave off any help files in CS6 and getting any kind of help means devoting hours and even days if you have anything resembling a life that need your attention.

Geeez, gotta love Adobe.

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
Re: How to duplicate objects
on Feb 28, 2017 at 2:42:31 pm

Have you tried copy and paste-in-place (CTRL-SHIFT-V)? That makes a duplicate in the exact place of the original, making it easy then to slightly manipulate that one off it's original course. Your question wasn't really clear, so I'm not sure if that helped. If you meant programmatically instead of pragmatically, what you're trying to accomplish is not too difficult.

Unfortunately Flash changed significantly after version 8. Version 8 was based on ActionScript 2 and was not object-oriented programming (OOP). It was really easy for a creative person draw some stuff on the stage and then add code to it. After that version it went to ActionScript 3, which basically forced OOP down everyone's throats and made what used to be simple for a tinkerer much harder. It required those of us who knew AS2 well to completely relearn and rethink our approach, and I think it ruined it's uniqueness in order to become one of the masses.

-Sam

Return to posts index

ron curington
Re: How to duplicate objects
on Mar 1, 2017 at 9:47:01 pm

Actually I found it. It’s in the “Transform pallet. Just sett he angle and click the little duplicate / copy toggle in the lower right corner

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]