FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash rulers

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ron curington
Flash rulers
on Feb 27, 2017 at 3:35:34 pm

I'm using Flash Pro CS6 and I am needing to to be able to set the "0" on the rulers and apparently that doesn't work anymore.

It's one of those things you just take for granted after using graphics software for so many years. Being able to start drag from upper left corner of the rulers and re position the "0" point.

Apparently not anymore.

Is there something I'm missing?

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
Re: Flash rulers
on Feb 28, 2017 at 2:46:41 pm

What is the reason for wanting to move the rulers? It's not something I've ever done, and what you're trying to accomplish may be more simply done a different way. Not sure, though.

I get frustrated when trying to express myself if different programs; even programs that try to accomplish the same thing, like Photoshop, GIMP, Paint.Net. For one, I can't believe that Flash is the only one that has adopted paste-in-place (that I'm aware of). I spend so much time moving duplicated items around when I just wanted to paste it directly on top of what I duplicated. Someone would probably say to duplicate the layer instead of copy and pasting the item.

-Sam

Return to posts index

ron curington
Re: Flash rulers
on Mar 1, 2017 at 9:11:15 pm

Not trying to move the rulers though I guess you might say it that way. What I’m trying to do is reposition the “0” Zeros. Here is an example In Photoshop, Illustrator, CorelDraw and as far as I’m aware of, every other graphics software out there if you put your cursor in the little empty Squair where the vertical and horizontal rulers meet you can click and drag out to anywhere in the workspace and your vertical and horizontal “0”s will move / reposition accordingly. In short ‘X” and “Y” “0” doesn’t have to be at the corner of the page. If you like it can be at the center of the page though for reasons that elude me Flash doesn’t seem to do this.

Oddly I used to work with Flash tirelessly and I don’t remember ever having this issue.
In fact this just strikes me as so totally not logical it makes me question if maybe it could just be my install. Though frankly it also strikes me as Sooo totally Adobe.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]