FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to load any flash images on any browser. Getting desperate!

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Fell
Unable to load any flash images on any browser. Getting desperate!
on Jan 30, 2017 at 6:02:00 pm

I've started an 6 month online course through and I need flash to work in the e-learning, but it won't load, no matter what I try and do to change it. The course is an online powerpoint presentation (generated through Moodle) with flash embedded in it, but none of the flash elements open. When I right click on that part of the screen, I just get 'Movie not loaded'

I've researched this over the past 5 days now and made so many changes that I've lost count. I've made an exception for pop-ups on the site, I've changed countless settings, run scans, uninstalled/reinstalled browsers and flash more times than I care to remember and yet nothing changes. The pages load, but the flash content does not.

This means that I'm missing valid parts of my course and I can't progress without it. I need to say that this happens in every browser, but the course page recommend either Chrome or Firefox and it doesn't work on either of those. I've also tried on 2 other computers and neither of them allow the flash either, which strikes me as odd.

There is one other thing that is odd and may be affecting the issue. When I go to the webpage, I get the message "A required parameter (scoid) was missing" with the following elements listed underneath
line 463 of /lib/setuplib.php: moodle_exception thrown
line 548 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to print_error()
line 25 of /mod/scorm/player.php: call to required_param()

Firefox also shows that my connection to the islinguists site is not secure and I've no idea why this is.

Apologies if this isn't a flash issue, but everywhere I've looked...and the fact that this happens in all browsers...seems to point to it being so.
I'm getting desperate as I need to complete module 1 already and I can't without being able to see these flash movies. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
Re: Unable to load any flash images on any browser. Getting desperate!
on Jan 31, 2017 at 2:04:16 pm

To be honest, I would contact Moodle first to find out how to fix those exceptions. It's possible that the last error, line 25 of /mod/scorm/player.php is what is preventing the flash player from loading. This is just a guess. Without seeing the actual site throwing the error, I wouldn't be able to give you any other advice. I would start with Moodle, though. Get those errors corrected and report back.

Best of luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved