FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error. Can't export to AE from Flash/Animate CC.

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Mines
Error. Can't export to AE from Flash/Animate CC.
on Jul 4, 2016 at 9:29:46 pm

I have fully up to date CC. Mac Pro running 10.9.5

I can't export .swf files from either Animate CC or Flash CS6 that can be read by After Effects CC.

Any and all variations of export or publishing tests result in the same (redacted here) error message upon import:

...may be in an unsupported format... (86 :: 1)

Have tried multiple deinstallations and reinstalls, run Limited Access Repair tool, Cleaner tool, etc. No change. CC reports no other errors.

The one strange variable is that if I export a swf to the desktop it can be read. Any other location it reads as "unsupported". This is not viable for the job I'm doing. Also, other export formats not an option, has to be swf.

Any ideas what could create such a strange error as changes depending on file location, and how to fix?

(weirdly, I can open old legacy swf files that I think were made in CS4. These I can import from any location. The problem is limited to newly created files, regardless of source or settings)

Return to posts index

Tony Mines
Re: Error. Can't export to AE from Flash/Animate CC.
on Jul 6, 2016 at 1:42:57 pm

Further experimentation has revealed the following, but still offered no viable solution.

It is not, as previously stated, that I can only open swf files saved to the desktop. It seems to be that I can only import files saved from one drive to another.

If a file is on one hard drive, and I export a swf to that same drive, the file fails to be read. If I export to another drive, any other drive, the file can be read. This seems to be the case in any combination, back or forth, so not limited to any one drive being the cause. It is the 'saved to same drive location' that is the constant fail.

Also, I installed a trial version of CS4 to see if newly created CS4 swf files can be read. They can. The error is limited to Animate and CS6.

This doesn't help me with work. It's too precarious.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved