FORUMS: list search recent posts

Custom Ease for Motion Editor in Flash CC

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Kelly
Custom Ease for Motion Editor in Flash CC
on Aug 18, 2015 at 3:48:43 pm

So I have a 40 second long motion tween and need to create ease ins and outs for most of the keyframes. In CS6, I could edit the ease at each individual keyframe along the motion path using a custom ease, because it was viewable in the timeline. In CC They appeared to have removed the custom ease from the timeline and instead put it in a worthless two inch graph which prohibits me from editing the ease in any meaningful way for a 40 second long animation.

Is there something I'm not getting here? Anyway I can edit the ease for each keyframe now that I've created the 40 second animation?

Return to posts index

Andy Dolphin
Re: Custom Ease for Motion Editor in Flash CC
on Mar 6, 2016 at 4:27:35 am
Last Edited By Andy Dolphin on Mar 6, 2016 at 9:10:45 am

Did you ever work the new Motion Editor out?

I've been banging my head against it for weeks and easing does not work like any easing I've ever used before, in any program. For example, I've never used easing to create a bounce action from a straight curve, yet this seems to be how Flash does it. I've usually created the main curve to follow the path of action, and this pretty much enforces easing due the the nature of the Y curve, in particular Laying an maybe "ease" over the top of a straight curve seems counter-intuitive to me but maybe I'm missing something simple here. If so, I'd be glad for a link to something that explains the logic of this approach in detail.

But my biggest problem is unexpected results with seemingly simple eases like slow-in-out.

Let's say I have a simple straight-line Motion Tween from A>B along the X axis. If I apply a preset or custom tween to add a slow-in and a slow-out to that motion, the action will invariably end early or late (depending on the extent of the easing).

The ease curve stays well within simple tolerances (it does not reverse like a sine wave or deviate wildly from the main line of action). It starts at 0 on frame 1 and ends at 100 on the final frame of the main motion curve - which tells me the animation should do the same, regardless of what happens between those two points.

But that's not happening. The resultant curve completely ignores the original end point and appears to end the action wherever it wants to.

Is this thing working at all or am I flogging a dead horse trying to make it behave?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved