FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe keep quiet about flash on the iphone

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Vickers
Adobe keep quiet about flash on the iphone
on Jul 15, 2015 at 8:18:14 pm

Adobe seem happy to let everyone think that Flash is dead.

Allow me to explain myself a little.

I used Flash a lot during my studies, it was used extensively for the course, Design for multimedia. I left my studies with the intention of using Flash freelance when the job called for it. I fully expected my skills to be used in some way for iphone and ipad at some point if not quite often in my new career.

Then Mr Jobs said Flash was dead on the iphone and everyone has been waiting for Flash to die. I haven't touched Flash in 4 years because I thought it was a waste of time. Flash is dead isnt it?

When I discovered that Flash only causes trouble through web browsers and not actual phone apps and that Flash is used to create lots of iphone apps which are sold through the app store, I was very surprised.

Nobody believes me when I tell them that apps made with Flash will run on an iphone with no trouble.
I told a coder friend of mine at work and he would not believe me until we both created a simple app, a button and exported it to my iphone.

He had to actually have the proof in his face before he would believe it.

Why has Adobe allowed this falsehood to continue?

Why have they not destroyed the myth that Flash is good for nothing?

They explain exactly what Flash can do on the Adobe website but I for one paid no attention to Flash after all the bad publicity. I certainly didn't go and visit the Flash section on Adobe's site. Why would I? Flash was dead.
As far as I can tell nobody from my course at uni still uses Flash because they are not aware that it can indeed be used to make apps for all devices.

I wonder how many other would be Flash app developers will be surprised as I was when they find out that the software they spent 3 years learning to use was still a viable option, the only one for creating phone and tablet apps without knowing how to code.
I bet they will be like me, confused as to why Adobe have not done more to inform it's software's users that Flash is still a viable option for creating apps for phones and tablets.

If I had known this four years ago I would have been earning money from it. Instead I developed skills in other areas, which is a good thing but I would definitely have invested more time in Flash if I had known the truth about it.

I am incredulous....it just beggars belief.

Peace and Love

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]