FORUMS: list search recent posts

Basic Adobe Flash question (sorta)

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Silver
Basic Adobe Flash question (sorta)
on May 19, 2015 at 10:38:19 pm

I'm a video editor, and I know basically nothing about Flash. I have a client who's created a detailed, finished animation in Flash, on his computer, and I need him to properly render it out. I will ultimately be incorporating it into a larger video project on my computer.

In the end I need a video file - if he can render an actual video file that would be great, but I should also be able to convert an SWF file to video with Movavi. But first I need him to properly render it out.

He tried, and he gave me an SWF file, which itself is giving me problems. When I converted it with Movavi, it only rendered the very top-left portion of the animation. Weird. When I imported it into Flash (which I do have), I see that it contains the entire huge canvas of his original project, when all we want is the "framed" work area with the canvas (not all the stuff going on outside the borders of the frame). I hope that makes sense.

Regardless, when I try to render out his SWF file from within Flash, I can't make heads or tails of how to do it properly.

I'd like to have him render it out from his project on his computer, from scratch, properly, rather than try to "fix up" the SWF file he's already given me. But help with either approach would be most helpful. Seems like it should be a simple thing, but what do I know? Obviously not much.

Return to posts index

Lucas Vizeu
Re: Basic Adobe Flash question (sorta)
on Jun 23, 2015 at 5:57:59 am

If you are using Premiere, SWFs are compatible.

Otherwise, Newgrounds made an SWF conversion tool.

Wish you the best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved