FORUMS: list search recent posts

Opening someone else's Flash project and add branding

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Helena Starenby
Opening someone else's Flash project and add branding
on Mar 5, 2015 at 10:04:46 am

Hi, I can't believe I'm struggling with this but I do.

I've downloaded five compressed Flash projects (e-learning) and have unzipped them. I want to open them in Flash and add our logo at the end of the production, but I can't figure out how to open them. I'm looking for an fla-file, is that the right way to go?

I must admit I'm a novice when it comes to Flash. I've had some experience and have even taken a course a while go, but would really need to learn more.

I hope someone can help me with this, thanks a million times in advance!

Here is what it looks like in the explorer:

assets (folder)
javascript (folder)
sound (folder)
styles (folder)
swf (folder)
video (folder)
xml (folder)
index.1.2.htm
index.2004.htm
index.htm
index_small.htm

Return to posts index

Fred Hickler
Re: Opening someone else's Flash project and add branding
on Mar 18, 2015 at 6:31:30 pm

It sounds like you need the .fla source file or files. As a developer/animator, I run into this often - clients think that the files for a job consist of the final files that are deployed to the website or application, without realizing that they were generated with source files. In order to edit the job, you would need the .fla and possibly other source files that it may link to.

It is possible to import a .swf into Flash Professional and make some simple edits, such as adding a logo, but this is not advisable (unless you are editing a super-simple animation), since you will most likely lose at least some of the functionality of the app and you will not be able to edit the indivdual animations within the swf.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]