FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animated sliding pictures

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jo Framboos
Animated sliding pictures
on Jan 5, 2015 at 10:17:46 pm

Hi,

I'm a (after working hours) photography student, looking for an original way to present my pictures to the jury.

The idea of the presentation is rather simple, but there's one complexity I can't figure out. So what I want to achieve is a composition of the pictures in a wide banner, arranged in a way where the picture slide over the screen one by one, but they are not aligned equally. The pictures slide slowly through the screen from right to left, while the music plays in the background. So far so good, it's very easily achievable by using iMovie and the Ken Burns effect sliding over the banner composed in Photoshop.

Now comes the hard part (which can't be realized in iMovie obviously). Because the pictures are somewhat spread from top to bottom on the vertical axis of the banner and the screen slides over the banner in a straight horizontal line, the photos appear rather small. Also the movement has a negative effect on the sharpness. What I want to achieve is that while the pictures keep sliding over the screen, the user can point (or click) with the mouse on 1 specific picture and by doing so, the picture pops up big in the center of the screen. Until the user clicks again OR until the small version of that picture reaches the left border while sliding over the screen. So there must be a constant movement of over the banner, while the user can pick out some pictures to enlarge.

At first I tried After Effects, but that wouldn't allow me to do the mouse over thing. At most I could auto-animate the zooming, but that is not what I intend. I was thinking of making something in Flash, but I have no knowledge what so ever about Flash. I was hoping someone could get me started by:

1. Confirming it is possible or not in Flash (and if not preferably pointing me to a better suited tool).

2. Briefly describing the step I would need to take in Flash, so I could search for tutorials and build the animation that I have in mind.

Many many thanks in advance!!

Jo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]