FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clickable link in a video

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marvin Hackfort
Clickable link in a video
on Jan 2, 2015 at 12:32:54 pm

Hello,

I already searched for a tutorial, but couldn't find one.
I made a video for a store that sells fishing products and now I want to add the possibility for people to click on the video when they see a product they like, which then links them to the product in the webshop.
I hope you understand what I mean and maybe u can help me!
Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
Re: Clickable link in a video
on Jan 5, 2015 at 1:52:28 pm

Is it loaded into the flash timeline and if so how is it loaded? If the video has been converted to X frames, you could add invisible buttons overtop the items that when clicked will call openURL to the corresponding page. Otherwise, you'll have to get creative with timing.

You can set up an event listener on the video that you can use to determine where the current playback head is. Then set up a bunch of function calls to show and hide your different buttons (could be done as a switch). Say the fishing rod is visible from 1:41 to 1:45, at 1:41 showRodBtn and 1:45 hideRodBtn. Hope that helps.

-Sam

Return to posts index

Marvin Hackfort
on Jan 10, 2015 at 6:45:31 pm

I think I managed to do it. I imported the video, used another layer for an invisible button and shortened that button for the time that I need.

Now I have another question. I have now more than 7000 frames. how do i cut the movie at a specific time to shorten it?is the only way it works is to take the end of the video and drag it all the way over to the left? I hope there is something like in premiere where i can set the end of the video to where the playhead is..

thanks already!

ps: i didnt use external video to import it, because then i wouldnt get all the frames.

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
on Jan 12, 2015 at 1:30:31 pm

One thing that I didn't mention before is that you should check the frame rate of your project and make sure it's 30fps before you import the video to the timeline. If you change it after it will speed up your video.

The only way to cut the video at the end is to delete the frames. The way the timeline video works is that it creates a keyframe at every frame. For instance, the last second of your video is the last 30 keyframes on the timeline assuming your project framerate is 30 (I think it defaults to 12 or 15). So you would just delete those 30 keyframes from the end of your timeline. I think that only affects the video, so I would do a test to see what happens with the audio. Pick a frame 30 or so from the end and put a "stop();" action on it and see what happens.

I personally would edit the video first in Premiere and then bring it into Flash after setting the project framerate.

-Sam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]