FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Canon XA20 to stream to Flash Media Live Encoder

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bridget Brown
Using Canon XA20 to stream to Flash Media Live Encoder
on Dec 30, 2014 at 7:59:10 pm

Hi, quick question. I've streamed to FMLE before but not with this camera (Canon XA20). The outputs are an AV mini terminal for composite video and audio using a four pole 3.5 mm mini jack and a mini HDMI out connector which delivers video and audio.

What format converter should I get? I've been searching around and don't want to get the wrong one. I'm assuming I need one and can't go straight from the mini HDMI to my computer. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Using Canon XA20 to stream to Flash Media Live Encoder
on Dec 31, 2014 at 4:33:02 pm

Hi Bridget,

To get HD video out of the camera, you definitely want to use the HDMI output. You can use a video capture device such as Matrox MXO2 Mini or BlackMagic Intensity Pro to get the HDMI signal into the computer. Both of these units will feed AFMLE.

I like the MXO2 Mini because it offers hardware scaling, which means that the video is converted to the intended streaming frame size before handing off to the computer for Flash encoding. Reduces the burden on the processor and has a high quality.

Do you have Mac or PC, desktop or laptop? There are different options for connecting such units, like PCI-e card internal for desktop, ExpressCard for laptop, or Thunderbolt for Mac.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]