FORUMS: list search recent posts

AS3: URLLoader Issue

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Pipes
AS3: URLLoader Issue
on Nov 3, 2014 at 9:05:52 pm

I'm trying to make a little app that loads a random item from one of several lists. The catch is that I want the lists to be online, where they can be easily viewed and edited.

The Intention: Regardless of where the app is being run from, it connects to the website where the lists are stored and loads them into memory.

The Reality: While it works when running in Flash (And in a test where a prototype was uploaded to the same website as the lists), Flash has rules against downloading from one website to another without permission, which I as a humble user am not likely to get. The lists cannot load, the app tries to run on non-existent information and locks up.

What I Need: A way to get around the permissions barrier so it will run normally anywhere. Failing that, some way to determine if the URLLoader has failed, so that I can revert to a backup list (Have tried checking to see if it's coming back with "untitled" or "NaN," to no avail).

Apologies in advance if this is an easy question. I'm still adjusting to AS3 and this is the biggest problem I've yet to come across.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved